What's new

Eric Whitacre Choir

miket

Team Dany
Wow, thanks everybody! Especially whoever *actually bought* that track, assuming you're someone here. You are crazy but thank you.

I'm curious why you got rid of SoundCloud?
Oh, this was a few years ago when there was a lot of bad press about them, but I'm sure that's blown over by now and they may have improved things. I also started to hate the sound quality.

Last edited:

DerGeist

I have to say that LABS is an incredible marketing tool. I don't own any Spitfire (yet) but I love the labs drums, amplified cello, and choir. All three of these have started me looking into purchasing their parent or related libraries.

ism

OK I’m on board! Let the downloading begin... This was a tougher decision than other purchases for couple reasons. Being that choral singing was my formal musical training I’m particularly sensitive to it and moved by it. I know how a good chior should sound. Partly because the human voice / what choirs can actually do is so hard to replicate. It’s expensive no doubt, but likely built with care and attention to detail. SA produces quality tasteful stuff. I suppose a few, at least one truly classical or more traditional choral mock up demo would have been nice to hear to easy the deliberating.

Yes I really enjoyed that last video where Christian pushed it library over to one edge, but I’d really love to see how it would fare pushed over to a more classical edge. The legatos sound great, so I would expect it should go pretty far before it breaks.

erikradbo

Does anyone have a good sound example to post where Dominus or Insolidus does something similar to the delicate EWC sound?

Rey

I know It just been released. did eric Whitacre choir go on sale on black Friday? and will it be discounted for spitfire wishlist Christmas sale?

jbuhler

I know It just been released. did eric Whitacre choir go on sale on black Friday? and will it be discounted for spitfire wishlist Christmas sale?
No, it wasn't on sale for BF. It's unclear whether it will be part of the wishlist. If past experience is any guide, any discounts for this library are likely to be relatively modest for this wishlist discount.

Reactions: Rey

Rey

No, it wasn't on sale for BF. It's unclear whether it will be part of the wishlist. If past experience is any guide, any discounts for this library are likely to be relatively modest for this wishlist discount.
thanks for the heads up.
something slightly close to the intro price again would be nice.

Bill the Lesser

IIRC I got a 10% Wishlist discount offer on Chamber Strings during its introductory year, and much more on other older things. So I wouldn't expect too much for EWC this year. If history repeats itself, the wishlist will center on generous single item offers, more than bundles as on BF. 'Tis the season, it's one last blast for 2018.

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
CH confirmed on his videoblog that was released today that the wishlist sale would happen, so there's that.
Good to hear, but with NI_OT Promo ending Monday (17th _ right?) leaves only that day to impact anyone making last-minute OT choices …… :notworthy:

poetd

Would really love a "lite" version of this.
The labs instruments is really good and I want more, but not £550 worth of more (nor 300GB HDD space more), too much of an investment right now for what I'd use a choir.

Rey

Would really love a "lite" version of this.
The labs instruments is really good and I want more, but not £550 worth of more (nor 300GB HDD space more), too much of an investment right now for what I'd use a choir.
You got some good points there. The price mostly, and the space. But I saw some people saying Eric Whitacre choir is their best purchase for 2018 from the Best purchase of 2018 thread. im quite blown away by the walkthrough by spitfire personally. Application-wise aside, I think for spitfire libraries they always inspirational just to play on their own. But if a good discount for the wishlist is given, my guess is yeah, Eric Whitacre Choir is one of the thing worth going for. And I might end up having to get a new HDD anyway for many other reasons now that mine is all almost filled up.

Last edited:

jbuhler

You got some good points there. The price mostly, and the space. But I saw some people saying Eric Whitacre choir is their best purchase for 2018 from the Best purchase of 2018 thread. im quite blown away by the walkthrough by spitfire personally. Application-wise aside, I think for spitfire libraries they always inspirational just to play on their own. But if a good discount for the wishlist is given, my guess is yeah, Eric Whitacre Choir is one of the thing worth going for. And I might end up having to get a new HDD anyway for many other reasons now that mine is all almost filled up.
I’m definitely getting this. It’s inevitable. The only question is when. Probably not until next summer.

Reactions: Rey

Rey

I’m definitely getting this. It’s inevitable. The only question is when. Probably not until next summer.
Yeah me 2. If the wishlist is awesome and got enough I might grab ewc now. Otherwise I still need brass and woodwinds. Maybe I'll go with spitfire's

Last edited:
Top Bottom