Eric Whitacre Choir

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by jneebz, Oct 25, 2018.

1. miket

miket Team Dany

May 17, 2016
    New York
    Wow, thanks everybody! Especially whoever *actually bought* that track, assuming you're someone here. You are crazy but thank you.

Oh, this was a few years ago when there was a lot of bad press about them, but I'm sure that's blown over by now and they may have improved things. I also started to hate the sound quality.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    madfloyd likes this.
  2. DerGeist

DerGeist Member

Oct 21, 2018
    I have to say that LABS is an incredible marketing tool. I don't own any Spitfire (yet) but I love the labs drums, amplified cello, and choir. All three of these have started me looking into purchasing their parent or related libraries.

windyweekend likes this.
  3. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016

Yes I really enjoyed that last video where Christian pushed it library over to one edge, but I’d really love to see how it would fare pushed over to a more classical edge. The legatos sound great, so I would expect it should go pretty far before it breaks.

Josh Richman likes this.
  4. madfloyd

madfloyd Active Member

Jun 27, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Last day for intro price! I think I will go for it...

5. TeamLeader

TeamLeader Active Member

Aug 28, 2004
    How do we do something akin to a batch reserve on this thing folks?

6. erikradbo

erikradbo Active Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Does anyone have a good sound example to post where Dominus or Insolidus does something similar to the delicate EWC sound?

7. Vadium

Vadium Member

Jul 21, 2017
    I think that Silka is better then Insolidus, because has a legatos 'mm' etc.

there is a Dominus, I am waiting for a sale:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  8. Rey

Rey Active Member

Apr 1, 2017
    I know It just been released. did eric Whitacre choir go on sale on black Friday? and will it be discounted for spitfire wishlist Christmas sale?

9. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    No, it wasn't on sale for BF. It's unclear whether it will be part of the wishlist. If past experience is any guide, any discounts for this library are likely to be relatively modest for this wishlist discount.

Rey likes this.
  10. Rey

Rey Active Member

Apr 1, 2017
    thanks for the heads up.
    something slightly close to the intro price again would be nice.

11. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    CH confirmed on his videoblog that was released today that the wishlist sale would happen, so there's that.

galactic orange and Alex Niedt like this.
  12. Bill the Lesser

Bill the Lesser Active Member

May 8, 2018
    IIRC I got a 10% Wishlist discount offer on Chamber Strings during its introductory year, and much more on other older things. So I wouldn't expect too much for EWC this year. If history repeats itself, the wishlist will center on generous single item offers, more than bundles as on BF. 'Tis the season, it's one last blast for 2018.

13. sostenuto

sostenuto Taking SKYPE Lessons !!

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Good to hear, but with NI_OT Promo ending Monday (17th _ right?) leaves only that day to impact anyone making last-minute OT choices …… :notworthy:

14. poetd

poetd Active Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Would really love a "lite" version of this.
    The labs instruments is really good and I want more, but not £550 worth of more (nor 300GB HDD space more), too much of an investment right now for what I'd use a choir.

Wolf68, michelsimons and MartinH. like this.
  15. Rey

Rey Active Member

Apr 1, 2017
    You got some good points there. The price mostly, and the space. But I saw some people saying Eric Whitacre choir is their best purchase for 2018 from the Best purchase of 2018 thread. im quite blown away by the walkthrough by spitfire personally. Application-wise aside, I think for spitfire libraries they always inspirational just to play on their own. But if a good discount for the wishlist is given, my guess is yeah, Eric Whitacre Choir is one of the thing worth going for. And I might end up having to get a new HDD anyway for many other reasons now that mine is all almost filled up.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    poetd likes this.
  16. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Not only did he confirm a wishlist sale, but the return of Rodney the Christmas Dinosaur.

17. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    I’m definitely getting this. It’s inevitable. The only question is when. Probably not until next summer.

Rey likes this.
  18. Rey

Rey Active Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Yeah me 2. If the wishlist is awesome and got enough I might grab ewc now. Otherwise I still need brass and woodwinds. Maybe I'll go with spitfire's

19. Francis Bourre

Francis Bourre Member

Apr 26, 2018
  20. Duncan Krummel

Duncan Krummel New Member

Aug 23, 2018
    Allston, MA

D Halgren likes this.