Eric Whitacre Choir

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by jneebz, Oct 25, 2018.

1. madfloyd

madfloyd Active Member

Jun 27, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Not very nutritious...

SoNowWhat? likes this.
  2. boxheadboy50

boxheadboy50 Member

Apr 5, 2018

Haha! I win!

3. madfloyd

madfloyd Active Member

Jun 27, 2017
    Massachusetts
    I don't hear much in the way of human voice in that video...

4. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016
    A little more detail on this one

Though it definitely leans towards the ambient side of the spectrum of what the full library can do.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  5. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016

I know what you mean - on a first listen it's very much the edge of sound design pad territory.

But listening to this a few more times, I think actually think its quite striking how at certain moments the voices emerge very clearly and distinctly from the mix, establish the sonic landscape as very much the territory of the human voice ... and then dissolve seamlessly back in the more ambient overall ambient sea of the piece.

sostenuto likes this.
  6. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016
    And that (helpfully) puts quite a fine point on it what I was muddling through all that abstraction to express.

7. Vadium

Vadium Member

Jul 21, 2017
    There is a several strings from my conversation with Spitfire tech support. May be this info will useful for anybody. For this moment, if I want to use this choir for microtonal music, I must to use 10-12 instances (for polyphony) of a choir plugin with a custom conversion pitch band messages to "tune' parameter of a plugin. Such count of instances is strong stress for CPU and disc system, especially as LABS engine have not a memory server, as in Native Kontakt..

Hi!
    Is audio engine of this choir support multichannel tuning for microtonal music making? (for example, MPE or multy mode, as in East West Play? (see appl. picture)
for me, this is a decisive factor in the case of purchasing a library, because in the case of Kontakt engine I can use a special script, and with this new engine - I can not.

Hi there Vadim,
    I'm afraid that this is currently not possible, however it could be likely in a future update. There is a tuning feature at the top of the interface which you can hold "Cmd/Ctrl" to fine tune.

Hi Luke,
    A tuning future at the top is not a way (becase it is monophonic and 7-bit CC instead of a pitchband)
I will buy it only if it will be implemented, because this aibility (also as pitchband ability) is strongly important for my microtonal music. 
but sale price stops at next days, hmm.. Can Spitfire to promise implementation of polyphonic microtuning ability? :))

Hi Vadim,
    I'm afraid we cannot promise the tuning ability. It's worth noting that you can hold 'Shift' whilst using the interface tuner to tune in cents, this is very fine tuning.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  8. TeamLeader

TeamLeader Active Member

Aug 28, 2004
    So how are you owners working with this if we can't save multis with a bunch of individual instruments within them? Thanks!

MaxOctane and zimm83 like this.
  9. ism

ism Senior Member

Dec 14, 2016
    A quick sketch with the labs choir (and a clarinet):

Incredible sound, very nice dynamics.

And there's a real evo feel to it - it starts our kind of ambient and then becomes more defined as the arc develops. Without legato, the kind of voice leading you can pull off is obviously a bit limited, but the evo effect is something you can really work in instead.

Really makes me want the full choir.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  10. Geoff Grace

Geoff Grace Senior Member

Apr 15, 2009
  11. redlester

redlester Member

Feb 14, 2018
    Nottingham, UK
    This truly is magnificent marketing.

Not only does it make me want EWC, it makes me want The Grange, Fabfilter Pro-R and even Glass & Steel which I already have but have never used in anger yet!

In fact it even makes me want to watch Spinal Tap again...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    D Halgren and gussunkri like this.
  12. Lee Blaske

Lee Blaske Senior Member

Another experiment with EWC... (Strings on this are a combination of SA Chamber Strings, Studio Strings and HZ.)

13. N.Caffrey

N.Caffrey Senior Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Nice composition! This choir sounds so good

Lee Blaske likes this.
  14. madfloyd

madfloyd Active Member

Jun 27, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Great job, Lee - it sounds wonderful.

Lee Blaske likes this.
  15. sostenuto

sostenuto Taking SKYPE Lessons !!

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Extra Cool !! Any one of several large companies should buy this now and use with their main Holiday commercial !
    MBZ, Budweiser come to mind quickly: snow, motion, spirit-raising theme. :inlove:

Lee Blaske likes this.
  16. Lee Blaske

Lee Blaske Senior Member

I sure hope those major advertising clients are keeping an eye on VI Control! ;)

dbudimir and sostenuto like this.
  17. miket

miket Team Dany

May 17, 2016
    New York
    Sadly it looks increasingly like I won't be able to scrape together the cash for this before the sale runs out, so I grabbed the LABS version a few hours ago and grumpily threw something together with it, Albion V, and a little Zebra. The music is nothing special, and the choral stuff isn't even that prominent... but here it is anyway.

P.S. No, I don't expect anyone to buy this even for $1, I just don't have a better way to share stuff since I got rid of SoundCloud and Dropbox isn't very sexy.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  18. Josh Richman

Josh Richman Active Member

Feb 25, 2017
    OK I’m on board! Let the downloading begin... This was a tougher decision than other purchases for couple reasons. Being that choral singing was my formal musical training I’m particularly sensitive to it and moved by it. I know how a good chior should sound. Partly because the human voice / what choirs can actually do is so hard to replicate. It’s expensive no doubt, but likely built with care and attention to detail. SA produces quality tasteful stuff. I suppose a few, at least one truly classical or more traditional choral mock up demo would have been nice to hear to easy the deliberating.

ism and miket like this.
  19. madfloyd

madfloyd Active Member

Jun 27, 2017
    Massachusetts
    You sell yourself short - this music is beautiful and I think the Labs version worked very well for it. The choral drifts in and out in a very nice way.

I'm curious why you got rid of SoundCloud?

20. William Palmer

William Palmer Member

Aug 7, 2018
    London
    VERY VERY nice