What's new

Engine (Best Service) problems.

Marsen

Senior Alien Member
It´s unbearable.
I´m getting daily trouble with Best Service´s Engine.

No standalone Midi In anymore, just within DAW.
Today error messages, activating new purchased products from Tarilonte and Hall of fames.
Nothing works, telling me E-Licenser not found!

I´m so done with these sample players which doesn´t work properly.
Anybody experience same issues with them?
I really love Tarilonte libs, but I´m kind of fed up to the back teeth.
This is totally unacceptable!

Hey Marsen

The team at Best Service are very helpful... did you try contacting tech support?

I'm sure they will do their best to help sort it out :)

Thanks pulse,
yes I contacted them.
They are helpful indeed. But this engine sucks. Or it´s the combination with e-licenser.
I´m even wasn´t aware of the fact, they use e-licencer to activate their libraries.

Just adding that their download times were absurd. It took my over something like 10 hours to download Emotional Cello. Is their infrastructure thin, or was it just a heavy traffic thing?

Just adding that their download times were absurd. It took my over something like 10 hours to download Emotional Cello. Is their infrastructure thin, or was it just a heavy traffic thing?
I just downloaded EC about 6 hours ago. Took me less than a half hour.

Their download times are pretty bad. I average 2.5-3 mb/sec with them whereas with pretty much everyone else I average about 15 mb/sec. It does take forever to download their libraries.

I haven't had any problems with their engine playback plug in but I do agree that the display and most especially the font is pitiful and a real strain on the eyes to read. It looks like a late 90s era plug in. You need to be able to enlarge it and pick a much better font.

Just wanted to notify, that best service support is indeed excellent.

The solution was, to reinstall the whole engine as the problem was the failing magic e-licencer, which I learned, has nothing to do with the steinberg e-licenser.

This is very confusing.
Anyway, to consistently running into these problems with "Engine" isn´t a good thing.

Yeah, it seems like every few months of using my engine libraries I have to reauthorIze them. A bit annoying lol

I was told in an e-mail that Engine 3 will be released this year, let's see what it fixes.

I myself tried asking if they could unlock the bpm sync so it could be set freely like in for example UVI Workstation (some Tarilonte libraries don't have 1/2, 2x setting for all phrases so they might be unusable) but the request was denied.

I'm trying to use ERA II and Celtic ERA, I'm new to Best Service Engine, seems pretty logical.

Only problem: I can't get my DAW (DP10.11) to recognize more than two stereo outs from Engine. When opened in a DAW, Engine has a default of 8 stereo outs, which you can change, but DP does not recognize this change.

And worse, when I open Engine in standalone, it only allows me 1 stereo out and 0 mono. Won't let me change it unless Engine is opened as a plug-in, and even then DP won't let me use them.

Anyone have this problem in DP or another DAW? Anyone solve it? Thanks.

I haven't had those problems but here it runs incredible slow when its open. My whole DAW suddenly becomes sluggish, everything lags and it looks like watching a movie with 3 frames per second. But all is good as soon as you close the Engine window.... really frustrating :-/

Well, looks like I found a fix: The AU version of the plugin is called "ENGINE", but the VST2 version is called something like "ENGINE[24out]". Yup, enable that one and you'll have, yes, 24 outs.

As for the sluggishness, i then had a bit of a similar crisis -- I added just about 4 ERA II and Celtic ERA flutes and accordions to my pretty huge VEPro7 (7 instances, all enabled, sitting on the same 16" MacBookPro 2020 as my DAW), then tried to play along with a simple orchestration of about 4 players. Everything slowed to a crawl, then I heard the dreaded robot stutter noise -- first from my Engine instruments, then all my instruments.

I doubled my buffer size, 128 to 256, quit and relaunched Digital Performer, but maybe most importantly, I moved my sequence file from my Samsung T5 to my laptop. Slowdowns and stutter gone.

Ten years ago I knew the conventional wisdom: "never capture audio on the same hard drive that runs your computer's clock." But is that still a danger? And what if you're just recording MIDI?

I found out lowering "Preload Time" in Preferences > Engine actually improves the performance a lot with a fast hard drive.

I wish there was an option for defaulting new layers to RF-RAM and Mono out.

I found out lowering "Preload Time" in Preferences > Engine actually improves the performance a lot with a fast hard drive.

I wish there was an option for defaulting new layers to RF-RAM and Mono out.
I will give it a try.

I have the 75 GB Independence Pro sample library for Engine and it has literally NEVER been able to find and load the libraries. OK, not never, once I got it to work but it broke soon thereafter. Every year or so I spend a few hours trying to get it going to no avail.
Maybe when they release E3 I'll give it another shot. I do think it is the cleanest sounding sampler which is why I hang on to the dream.

Top Bottom