What's new

Engine, Best Service never ending trouble

Marsen

It´s unbearable.
I´m getting daily trouble with Best Service´s Engine.

No standalone Midi In anymore, just within DAW.
Today error messages, activating new purchased products from Tarilonte and Hall of fames.
Nothing works, telling me E-Licenser not found!

I´m so done with these sample players which doesn´t work properly.
Anybody experience same issues with them?
I really love Tarilonte libs, but I´m kind of fed up to the back teeth.
This is totally unacceptable!

pulse

Hey Marsen

The team at Best Service are very helpful... did you try contacting tech support?

I'm sure they will do their best to help sort it out :)

OP
Marsen

Marsen

Thanks pulse,
yes I contacted them.
They are helpful indeed. But this engine sucks. Or it´s the combination with e-licenser.
I´m even wasn´t aware of the fact, they use e-licencer to activate their libraries.

Dirtgrain

Just adding that their download times were absurd. It took my over something like 10 hours to download Emotional Cello. Is their infrastructure thin, or was it just a heavy traffic thing?

proxima

Just adding that their download times were absurd. It took my over something like 10 hours to download Emotional Cello. Is their infrastructure thin, or was it just a heavy traffic thing?
I just downloaded EC about 6 hours ago. Took me less than a half hour.

Their download times are pretty bad. I average 2.5-3 mb/sec with them whereas with pretty much everyone else I average about 15 mb/sec. It does take forever to download their libraries.

I haven't had any problems with their engine playback plug in but I do agree that the display and most especially the font is pitiful and a real strain on the eyes to read. It looks like a late 90s era plug in. You need to be able to enlarge it and pick a much better font.

OP
Marsen

Marsen

Just wanted to notify, that best service support is indeed excellent.

The solution was, to reinstall the whole engine as the problem was the failing magic e-licencer, which I learned, has nothing to do with the steinberg e-licenser.

This is very confusing.
Anyway, to consistently running into these problems with "Engine" isn´t a good thing.

Erick - BVA

Music is more than just color and rhythm
Yeah, it seems like every few months of using my engine libraries I have to reauthorIze them. A bit annoying lol

AceAudioHQ

I was told in an e-mail that Engine 3 will be released this year, let's see what it fixes.

I myself tried asking if they could unlock the bpm sync so it could be set freely like in for example UVI Workstation (some Tarilonte libraries don't have 1/2, 2x setting for all phrases so they might be unusable) but the request was denied.

Top Bottom