What's new

Emotional Viola, Available Now | Emotional Cello Price Drop And Free Update To Version 1.5

We are very proud to introduce the latest Best Service Highlight to you! Especially users of Emotional Cello and Emotional Violin have been longing for this day. And those of you who already own Emotional Cello can expect a massive free update.

But first, let's talk about today's star:

Emotional Viola - The Most Expressive And Detailed Virtual Viola Available
viola_box and screen_trans.png

Emotional Viola is the third member of the Emotional Strings series by Harmonic Subtones. This long anticipated and logical addition to the Cello and Violin represents a very comprehensive virtual instrument that is easy to play, and of course offers numerous possibilities for individual customisation.

Not only does the Emotional Viola perfectly harmonize with the Cello and the Violin, it is also highly valued as solo instrument with its direct and unadulterated sound, its variety of essential to extraordinary articulations as well as true legato and rebowing.

Viola Play 04.png

If you want to get a deeper insight into these wonderful instruments, we recommend the following two live streams covering all Emotional Instruments:

Dirk Ehlert, composer from Los Angeles:
30. July 2020 - 20:00 CEST, FACEBOOK, TWITCH, YOUTUBE

Alex Pfeffer, composer, guitarist and sound designer from Hamburg:
03. August 2020 - 20:00 CEST, https://twitter.com/alexpfeffer (<b>TWITTER</b>), TWITCH, YOUTUBE

At both presentations all three Emotional instruments will be raffled off!

Emotional Viola is now available as a boxed or download version for $ 199.

Owners of Emotional Cello or Emotional Violin are eligible for a crossgrade $ 159.

Emotional Cello Price Drop And Free Update To Version 1.5

Emotional_Cello_1_5_Newsletter.jpg

Many years ago we started a fascinating journey with Emotional Cello. This highly acclaimed instrument was a milestone among virtual solo strings. However, Harmonic Subtones soon realised that new ways were needed to reproduce the expressiveness of these string instruments even more precisely.

It was therefore only logical to take the Cello to the same technical level as the Violin and Viola. Besides the user interface the Cello was upgraded with Polyphonic Legato, additional Articulations and Timbre Impulses. A highlight are the new Ornament Keyswitches. Unlike articulation keyswitches, these are temporary and allow variations of the already selected articulation.

Emotional Cello's new price is now $ 199 instead of $ 259.

Users with a registered version of Emotional Cello v1 will automatically receive a free update to the current version.
You will find this in your Best Service User Account.

We made it! So happy!!!
Listen to the Viola Demos by Przemyslaw Kopczyk!!!
Stay safe and happy, Wolfgang.

Great news! Thank you. If I update my Emotional Cello library to the new version, will my projects that used Emotional Cello still open up and play correctly?

Emotional Cello has to be my most used library, it makes it's way into pretty much every track I do regardless of genre in some form or another. Can't wait to check out the free update later. I have a feeling the viola will be added to the collection soon, it sounds lovely. Thanks so much :)

As much as i like the update to the cello with all the extras it also has some flaws for me.
The legato is not great sometimes and sounds a bit cut off at places.
I still miss some old articulations (maybe they are somewhere else now?).
Is there a way to run both versions since i think i will still prefer the older version for some things.

Hi,

I have Emot. Cello 1, is the Emot. Cello 1.5 update a complete download of the samples, and Instruments, basically a new 1.5 version folder, or is it just an update to the ver. 1.0 Instrument folder, no new samples ?

Also looking forward to purchase the new Emotional Viola :)

Thanks.

As much as i like the update to the cello with all the extras it also has some flaws for me.
The legato is not great sometimes and sounds a bit cut off at places.
I still miss some old articulations (maybe they are somewhere else now?).
Is there a way to run both versions since i think i will still prefer the older version for some things.
Detailed instruction on how to update the old Cello to the new one are on the way. Basically simply replace the library folder. To restore compatibility to old projects copy the instrument folders from version one into the v1.5 instruments folder, then copy the NKR/NKC from the old samples folder into the new one. :)

Hi,

I have Emot. Cello 1, is the Emot. Cello 1.5 update a complete download of the samples, and Instruments, basically a new 1.5 version folder, or is it just an update to the ver. 1.0 Instrument folder, no new samples ?

Also looking forward to purchase the new Emotional Viola :)

Thanks.

It's a complete download. Simple replace your old library folder...

Detailed instruction on how to update the old Cello to the new one are on the way. Basically simply replace the library folder. To restore compatibility to old projects copy the instrument folders from version one into the v1.5 instruments folder, then copy the NKR/NKC from the old samples folder into the new one. :)

No problem with the update but i just mean the sound is different. The older version has a much more smooth legato for me and especially i miss the eRR option in the master patch. V1.5 sounds a bit flat and machine gun like compared to the older version. It might have some more options but it feels sadly a bit like a downgrade in terms of a fluid sound and for performance. So i think i like the older version much more sadly. Some articulations sounds really totally different now or missing some things (the vivid was much better before for me f.e.). Then again i am not sure if all old sounds are even there (like the undulating cello natural tuned f.e.).
Maybe a reason i liked the cello a bit more than the violin, there is something in the older version which works much better for me. So i guess i stay with the old version for now since even with the new options it is more a downgrade in terms of sound for me.

There actually is a live stream in 4 hours hosted by Dirk Ehlert, he will go into detail with all three instruments. Another stream will be on Monday with Alex Pfeffer. Check my initial post for details. ;)

Yes, I noted those live streams, and I really enjoy Dirk's and Alex's reviews, but 4 hours is a lotta time.

One of the primary reasons I purchased both the violin and cello was due to the detailed walkthroughs.

Yes, I noted those live streams, and I really enjoy Dirk's and Alex's reviews, but 4 hours is a lotta time.
One of the primary reasons I purchased both the violin and cello was due to the detailed walkthroughs.

We will work on this as well but we did not want to postpone the release because of the walkthroughs.
Until then, the Viola and the Cello now work exactly the same as the Violin. Maybe that helps?

OK. Purchased Emotional Viola :dancedance:

I would love to see Best Service & Harmonic Subtones develop an Emotional Ensemble Strings Library, Ensemble Violins 1 & 2, Ensemble Violas, Ensemble Cellos, Ensemble Basses. This would be an amazing library to have if it existed, maybe one day it will be available. Just a wish for now :)

Oh... and my other wish is to see a new and improved version of the Best Service ENGINE which is scalable/re-sizeable, and has nice, and clear fonts, colors, and overall GUI design that makes using ENGINE much better than the current version. Hopefully this is being developed, and will be released in the near future.

Thanks to Best Service & Harmonic Subtones for making these awesome sounding Emotional solo strings libraries.

Last edited:
Top Bottom