What's new

Emotional Cello Problems

Nahnou

Hi,
Since i bought Emotional Cello (when it was released first time) i have some problems with it.
1- The vibrato keyswitch (E-1 & F-1) doesn't work properly, I have to activate it twice before it take effect. The other problem with this keyswitch is that it acts as a rebow keyswitch, so everytime this key is pressed a rebow occurs

I found nowhere someone that had the same issu.. am i the only one?

Does anyone meet similar problem with Emotional Cello?

Thank you.

It’s been updated once or twice since the initial release. Have you downloaded the latest version? If not log onto your best service account, they have an update for you! ;)
https://www.bestservice.com/emotional_cello.html

1.1 and 1.2 were released over the last year or two. Cheers.
Thank you for the kind reply! I've update it, and yesterday i've installed the lastest update.
Something i didn't mention, is that i have this problem when i am playing on the keyboard (recording or just performing) but i noticed that when recording, the recorded material is ok (vibrato is ok and no indesirable rebow) even that the issu occures during the recording..

1.1.7 is indeed the currently available version, although, if I recall correctly, someone mentioned being provided with a 1.2 version via private correspondence. Perhaps it was a beta version or something; that I do not know. Anyway, if you have 1.1.7 you should be fine.

I have 1.1.7 version but as i said i have a real problem with emotional cello with two different setups (win 7 and win 10 both 64 bits Akai MP11 and AKai vpc 1 keyboards)

Still have this problem only when I use kontakt as VST plugin! This problem doesn't occur in standalone mode..
Any idea?

Which DAW are you in? And which OS?

No idea if this makes a difference but might help to narrow it down.

I use Cubase 10 (have the same issu with cubase 7/8/9)
Win7 64bits

Thanx

I think Nahnou meant Kawai rather than Akai.

Maybe share a MIDI file that causes the issue and we can see if it can be reproduced?

This doesn’t happen when kontakt is in standalone mode, so this means that this is not due to the keyboard sent midi messages..to be sure i also tryed with another keyboard (arturia keylab)

Glad I saw this. I never knew they updated Emotional Cello. I've gotta come up for air more often.

Last edited:
Well it seems that this issue is caused by the way cubase (and studio one) handel midi data.. so i will live with it now. Anyway it’s agreat plugin and sold by great company (Bestservice)

1.1.7 is indeed the currently available version, although, if I recall correctly, someone mentioned being provided with a 1.2 version via private correspondence. Perhaps it was a beta version or something; that I do not know. Anyway, if you have 1.1.7 you should be fine.
Do you know when 1.1.7 was released?

Top Bottom