What's new

Embertone's Popelka Bassoon - WALKTHROUGH VIDEO posted!

I am orchestrating an album with mostly real solo instruments and one of the few that we were not going to record live was the bassoon. The timing couldn't be better! Downloading now, sounds fabulous. I now have to replace the existing instrument on all tracks but it will be worth it!

Edit: I think the AUTO mode can be improved upon on how it handles short notes. It can be really hard sometimes to play the right duration without triggering a weird sus note. It's awesome as a solo legato instrument but less useful as a playful instrument which SWAM bassoon can do very well (it doesn't sound as good for solo passages though). It's not the all around instrument I was hoping for but I still like it.

Thanks for the suggestion! If the AUTO mode isn't working well for you - let me suggest you go "old school" and use the keyswitches for now. We're looking into it :)

EDIT - for those on the fence, today is a good day to jump in! The Intro Sale ends at 11:59PM tonight. <3

...and I succumbed.

I'm having a lot of problems downloading though. Doesn't matter what browser I use, each file usually bombs out with a network error. I've managed to get 3 out of 4 downloaded so far, after many tries.

I'm an old school ADSL user, so maybe that's why. Never had this issue before though.

Edit: Got it downloaded. Sounds and works fantastically!

Last edited:
...and I succumbed.

I'm having a lot of problems downloading though. Doesn't matter what browser I use, each file usually bombs out with a network error. I've managed to get 3 out of 4 downloaded so far, after many tries.

I'm an old school ADSL user, so maybe that's why. Never had this issue before though.

Edit: Got it downloaded. Sounds and works fantastically!

Great! Was going to say, there might have been a last minute rush with orders at the very end of the sale, which might have contributed to a slowdown. Thanks!

Beautiful instrument, I bought it just before the sale ended. SICK demo by Seycara, absolutely wonderful writing and programming!

I'm glad everyone is enjoying my demo for Embertone :) ; kudos to them for such a wonderful VST

Really amazed by your demo track. And so tasteful use and blendning of v.i. Would you bother naming the plugins/instruments you have used besides the nice bassoon?
Very inspiring to hear this track! Thanks! 🙋

Top Bottom