What's new

Embertone Releases: Walker 1955 Steinway 'D'

So I'm curious. How many of the people here have emailed them about this issue and actually gotten a response on it? Embertone has always been good with technical support and I can't fault them for that but they seem to be very hush hush about what they are doing with this particular library.

Again, I will say I'm not angry or upset with the company. More confused as to why they are being so quiet about what is going on and not communicating about it. I just find it a bit silly that so many people come up with the most god awful excuses to defend companies when things like this happen.
I haven’t gotten a response yet, but it’s been a short time. I questioned them on their quietude.

I’m not angry or upset either-I’ve just loved their ethos as a company up to now, and I encouraged them to be a little more communicative. I’m interested in their response.

OK, My 2 cents worth. It might not be perfect but it's my best piano VI and I love it as it is. I bought it expecting it to be as it is and was not disappointed. It does what it says on the tin. Then Embertone offered to try and add features for some who really wanted them. Props for that and perhaps the communication on this front could have been better as it's clearly taking a long time to get right. However, I'm happy with the VI as it is. If you're not I'm sorry to hear that and I'm sure Embertone would be too. But once again, I got exactly what I was expecting and I love it. I use it as it is and would be happy if they never released the updated features. That was never part of the deal when I bought it. I have many embertone instruments and they are among my favourites. I am not affiliated with Embertone in any way, just my opinion on the subject.

Last edited:
I sincerely think that this thread deserves to be taken out of commercial announcements section. It is ridiculous to read complaints (for that a piano that cheap) every time I check here, thinking that there would be an update or something new being announced

This. ^

I do a lot of my own sample libraries for my own use, but I wouldn't ever want to have to deal with support on this forum ;) Contact their official support.

Totally understand that this is not support, but if Embertone replied at any given time in this forum (which I think they did), then went dark, the least the can do is say something so that it doesn't look like they abandoned their customers. Not saying they need to address any support issues, but at least a few words saying something, and that they're working on the update and can't monitor this forum anymore. That would at least make people aware that THEY are aware.

As others have stated, it this piano wasn't so great sounding, no one would care about the update...but we all want to use this thing without any glitches...so I totally understand the people who paid, and can't use it how they'd like because it's taking them about a year to fix. I went through this with IkMultimedia before...had a product that was unusable because it kept crashing my DAW...took them over a year to update it.

I love this piano, and have tweaked the hell out of it from the default to where it sounds amazing and responds perfectly...just a few minor things to be perfection.

Maybe someone handy with Kontakt can just develop a script that links CC to release-times.

How would that fall short of other half-pedaling scripts? Is that something we can already do within Kontakt?

OK, My 2 cents worth. It might not be perfect but it's my best piano VI and I love it as it is. I bought it expecting it to be as it is and was not disappointed. It does what it says on the tin. Then Embertone offered to try and add features for some who really wanted them. Props for that and perhaps the communication on this front could have been better as it's clearly taking a long time to get right. However, I'm happy with the VI as it is. If you're not I'm sorry to hear that and I'm sure Embertone would be too. But once again, I got exactly what I was expecting and I love it. I use it as it is and would be happy if they never released the updated features. That was never part of the deal when I bought it. I have many embertone instruments and they are among my favourites. I am not affiliated with Embertone in any way, just my opinion on the subject.
Same thinking here. Love that piano. Got lots and this one’s definitely among the best sounding IMO.

Can someone clarify the "re-naming" fix? I changed the .nicnt, .nkc, and .nkr and the Instrument file names. Now when Kontakt tries to open the library I get a load error because it's searching for the original .nicnt with "Steinway" in the name...TIA

I really hope Embertone is going to blow us away with this update whenever it does finally come out. The half-pedaling beta has been available to anyone who contacts support and requests it, but they're clearly working on a lot more than that. This update is approaching almost a year in the making. That said, I also hope that major performance optimizations are part of the hold-up. I've never seen an instrument that eats up voice count/CPU the way this thing does, and I'm far from a great piano player.

It's a wonderful instrument, but I think they should've done an official 1.02-type release for half-pedaling months ago, once it was ready [and just to get it out there], then saved whatever else they were working on for a 1.5 or 2.0 release.

this forum is not called "Embertone Customer Support Forum"
I fully agree, but if they´d had clear communication (as it was in former times!!) on that via regular email to their customers, people wouldn´t need to go here and search around and place their questions. For example the naming issue: It was changed w/o any notice, and the solution was given over here!
And after their email anouncement of October 18th about "1.1 Update - Ready within days now..." there was silence on the official channels beside occasional sales emails.

And this behavior belongs to "Commercial", because it helps people to decide: If you like the Walker as it is, then buy it (and I recommend it :)!). But - other than in former times - don´t count on embertone to be a "living product approach company" any more; btw the first indications to that may have been the problems with the withdrawn Cello update, IMHO.
I do not doubt the love they have for their products, I´m just stating that something (priorities, health, resources,...) has changed since they started with their undisputed groundbraking String Solo Series.

Top Bottom