What's new

Embertone Releases: Walker 1955 Steinway 'D'

A year of empty promises ... not a great way to instill confidence in potential customers. I know I won't be doing business with Embertone in the future.

Certainly there is pent up demand for well-playing Steinway piano VIs.

If Embertone can get the Walker Steinway piano finalised, they would see a big bump in sales from those of us patiently waiting on the sidelines.

As EgM mention, they are a very small team I think, which will obviously won't have the same reaction time as bigger companies. Their service is above average and the quality of the products is top notch. To deliver such high quality, it takes time. My feeling is they are victim of their success. Keep faith, and you shouldn't be afraid of doing business with them. My humble 2 cents.

I just bought the piano, a moment ago and there is a notice stating that Embertone is having some legal issues with the name... that could also be a monkey wrench for a small company. Let's stand by them.

I just bought the piano and there is a notice stating that Embertone is having some legal issues with the name... that could also be a monkey wrench for a small company. Let's stand by them.

They dealt with that, they only had to remove the mention of the word 'Steinway' and have changed it since then.

As EgM mention, they are a very small team I think, which will obviously won't have the same reaction time as bigger companies. Their service is above average and the quality of the products is top notch. To deliver such high quality, it takes time. My feeling is they are victim of their success. Keep faith, and you shouldn't be afraid of doing business with them. My humble 2 cents.
Good points. Although communication to their customer base is important - if only to say that it's still a work in progress.

Reactions: EgM
As EgM mention, they are a very small team I think, which will obviously won't have the same reaction time as bigger companies. Their service is above average and the quality of the products is top notch. To deliver such high quality, it takes time.My feeling is they are victim of their success.Keep faith, and you shouldn't be afraid of doing business with them.My humble 2 cents.
^^^ This.
And for such a very small team they make some of the best products available. Nothing beats their Joshua Bell Violin library and I’m sure the final version of their Walker Steinway will be just as incredible. Go, Embertone.

You guys have a weird way of coming up with excuses to deflect issues these companies have; especially with customer service. I love Embertone but the reality is they should be on here communicating with us every once in a while to let us know what is going on rather than radio silence for months at a time. I find this very odd behavior for this company as they have always been very active with the community. It takes all of 10 minutes to log in and give us some sort of update as to what is going on. Many of us paid a lot of money for this library and are waiting for updates beyond the half-pedaling thing.

If they had issues that required the library to be re-recorded, that's fine but at least let your customers know so we're not hanging in the dark for a year. Saying they are a small company is such a BS excuse for radio silence if I've ever heard one.

You guys have a weird way of coming up with excuses to deflect issues these companies have; especially with customer service. I love Embertone but the reality is they should be on here communicating with us every once in a while to let us know what is going on rather than radio silence for months at a time. I find this very odd behavior for this company as they have always been very active with the community. It takes all of 10 minutes to log in and give us some sort of update as to what is going on. Many of us paid a lot of money for this library and are waiting for updates beyond the half-pedaling thing.

If they had issues that required the library to be re-recorded, that's fine but at least let your customers know so we're not hanging in the dark for a year. Saying they are a small company is such a BS excuse for radio silence if I've ever heard one.

I have to agree. The cutoffs that come as a result of bad pedal scripting basically make this things unusable for classical style playing and recording, and since the sound is so good that this is a real travesty. I find myself using the HZP (!) for classical style cues and recordings because the programming is just so much better, even though at least in my opinion the sound is not. I’ve been eagerly awaiting an update to this but am disappointed by the lack of communication.

Yes, I know people are eager to defend the small companies, and I like to do that too, but some info on the status of the product would be nice, a beta was released, and then it went silent.

I would like to know if the problems will be adressed because is my best sounding piano, but I would start to move elsewhere.

I'm having issues with the install of the library so I can't test it, just yet but is it usable for any application as is, or do the issues render the library useless for now?

I'm having issues with the install of the library so I can't test it, just yet but is it usable for any application as is, or do the issues render the library useless for now?

It’s definitely usable, but you can’t play technically intricate things with it because notes consistently cut out if you pedal them even a millisecond off. I mainly use it for slower “classical” style cues where I can deal with the pedal issues by editing CC data piece by piece.

To play devil's advocate, this forum is not called "Embertone Customer Support Forum". It's a 3rd party forum where developers choose to or not to be active. So regardless of your expectations based on the past, it doesn't require them to continue to keep everyone up to date in this forum.

I'm really curious how many people here who have complained of their silence have bothered to email their support email address that is located on their website?

To play devil's advocate, this forum is not called "Embertone Customer Support Forum". It's a 3rd party forum where developers choose to or not to be active. So regardless of your expectations based on the past, it doesn't require them to continue to keep everyone up to date in this forum.

I'm really curious how many people here who have complained of their silence have bothered to email their support email address that is located on their website?

This. ^

I do a lot of my own sample libraries for my own use, but I wouldn't ever want to have to deal with support on this forum ;) Contact their official support.

They responded to me straightaway from their support email. I was having an install issue and Nick from support responded almost immediately.

Reactions: EgM

I completely agree with you, so I did indeed email support yesterday.

So I'm curious. How many of the people here have emailed them about this issue and actually gotten a response on it? Embertone has always been good with technical support and I can't fault them for that but they seem to be very hush hush about what they are doing with this particular library.

Again, I will say I'm not angry or upset with the company. More confused as to why they are being so quiet about what is going on and not communicating about it. I just find it a bit silly that so many people come up with the most god awful excuses to defend companies when things like this happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom