What's new

Embertone Releases: Walker 1955 Steinway 'D'

I am mac computer and dont found it but look again. and i dont know if this lib for me. i need before this so much else. some things what i thinked are also embertone (their solo strings).

I understand. So much out there to buy! On our website, look for the orange button that says BUY. Thanks!

-Alex

It'll last at least through June. It's likely to disappear shortly into July. Thanks!!
Hi Alex - a question comparing the Lite version to the Full version:
Do the 12 velocity layers in the Lite version span the full dynamic range sampled (but with less gradations in between softest and loudest) as the 36 velocity layered Full version?

Wonderful sound. Excellent playability. I'm just a bit uncomfortable with the lack of stereo imaging in samples and the sound is a bit too much in the face at players position.

On CGR's comment above, I bought the Lite version and I feel like I'm struggling with dynamic range compared to my other favorite VSTs. This is my first Kontakt library so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but there seems to be less change in timbre than my other VSTs when going from piano to forte.

Embertone's explainer video for the full version says the overall feel should remain the same with less velocity layers selected at around 7:40, but I don't know if that applies to the Lite version as well.

But it's sampled so darn well. If I can sort the dynamic range and Embertone adds sympathetic resonance, it could end up being my favorite VST.

Looking forward to upcoming updates and I hope Embertone considers an upgrade path for those of us on the Lite. Despite the above reservations, I'm already tempted to upgrade to the full version!

On CGR's comment above, I bought the Lite version and I feel like I'm struggling with dynamic range compared to my other favorite VSTs. This is my first Kontakt library so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but there seems to be less change in timbre than my other VSTs when going from piano to forte.

Embertone's explainer video for the full version says the overall feel should remain the same with less velocity layers selected at around 7:40, but I don't know if that applies to the Lite version as well.

But it's sampled so darn well. If I can sort the dynamic range and Embertone adds sympathetic resonance, it could end up being my favorite VST.

Looking forward to upcoming updates and I hope Embertone considers an upgrade path for those of us on the Lite. Despite the above reservations, I'm already tempted to upgrade to the full version!

Something must be wrong... the lite instrument has just as wide a dynamic range as the full. Please go to the response page and make sure that dynamics curve is a wide and steep hill going lower left to upper right. Same as the volume!

Here's some main mic (414's) with close mics (87's) and each alone to compare. The close mics are... closer sounding, maybe fuller in the lows. When added to the mains it just makes it all sound more rich and satisfying. Feel like I'm becoming an Embertone salesman here. It's a friggin' good piano, don't know what else to say. Half pedaling be damned!

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/embertone-1955-steiny-main-close-mp3.14089/][/AUDIOPLUS]

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/embertone-1955-steiny-close87s-only-mp3.14090/][/AUDIOPLUS]

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/embertone-1955-steiny-main414s-only-mp3.14091/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• Embertone 1955 Steiny Main + Close.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 237
  • Embertone 1955 Steiny Close87s Only.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 195
  • Embertone 1955 Steiny Main414s Only.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 171
Here's some main mic (414's) with close mics (87's) and each alone to compare. The close mics are... closer sounding, maybe fuller in the lows. When added to the mains it just makes it all sound more rich and satisfying. Feel like I'm becoming an Embertone salesman here. It's a friggin' good piano, don't know what else to say. Half pedaling be damned!

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/embertone-1955-steiny-main-close-mp3.14089/][/AUDIOPLUS]

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/embertone-1955-steiny-close87s-only-mp3.14090/][/AUDIOPLUS]

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/embertone-1955-steiny-main414s-only-mp3.14091/][/AUDIOPLUS]
Thanks for uploading these - very helpful. Really enjoyed the playing too - sounds like Eric Satie at the beginning. Great to hear the natural resonances and sustain ring out. Those close U87's sound very full indeed!

A minor observation using the Lite version here - I'm hearing that the middle range of the piano is tuned every-so-slightly flat (I'm only talking a few 'cents' here) compared to a number of other sampled Steinway Ds which I've A/B'd it with. It's no issue at all in use, just an observation. The treble is pretty consistent tuning/pitch-wise with the others though. One thing this does is give the Embertone piano more of a stretched tuning, which in my opinion is a good thing.

I just bought the one mic version, and try to download it, but Continuata shuts down after downloading the first part.
Anyone else experienced that?

My experience is: Download only (no install) and wait till its finished all. After that manually extract. Avoid to manually extract or do anything with files when download is still working no matter if earlier files are finished.

So I bought the Binaural mics add-on. Played it on its own: Meh it's okay. Then i mixed it with the default mics and...boom, thunder.

I can tell already that it's going to be a lot of fun experimenting with different mic matching. I'm going for the close mics next.

Here's a little improv with the Binaural/default combo. 36 velocites, reverb turned off.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/embertone-steinway-default-binaural-mp3.14107/][/AUDIOPLUS]

VERY COOL ! :thumbsup: If you are willing to share …. what is your keyboard in this audio ?
Only delay here is all now or mics as ready …..

THX

Along the keyboard controller lines (apologies for the slightly off topic), is anyone using a semi-weighted controller to play this instrument? (possibly blasphemy or utter foolishness, I guess) I was looking at getting the NI Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 for the majority of VI use, but after hearing this piano something fully-weighted might be in order. Space (and money!) is an issue which is why I don't have both. I am not a skilled piano player, but I once played on a Yamaha P-120 which had a nice feel. I mostly use synths nowadays, but the Embertone 1955 might push me more in the piano direction.

I had a lot of trouble downloading using Connect on Windows 10 DAW. Application kept crashing after a couple of files. I then tried on my gaming PC - same windows 10 version and no problem. It’s a temperamental application.

I dropped Embertone a note telling them. Maybe they can get Continuata to work on it but I notice on the Continuata website they have a beta release of their new replacement application, Conduct. I read into that that Connect is irremedially flaky.

Top Bottom