What's new

Embertone Releases: Walker 1955 Steinway 'D'

teclark7

I had a lot of trouble downloading using Connect on Windows 10 DAW. Application kept crashing after a couple of files. I then tried on my gaming PC - same windows 10 version and no problem. It’s a temperamental application.

I dropped Embertone a note telling them. Maybe they can get Continuata to work on it but I notice on the Continuata website they have a beta release of their new replacement application, Conduct. I read into that that Connect is irremedially flaky.

dzilizzi

I know nothing
Bought this and am really regretting it. Not because it is a bad product. I really have no idea if it is a bad product, I cannot download it. The downloader/installer downloads the first file and then closes. I reopen it, it closes. I sent in a help ticket, they send me a manual download that is not working. Supposedly good until today, but I get an "expired" when I try to download. I've been traveling for work and thought maybe it was the crappy hotel connection. Nope. Still not working at home.

So I am trying the download only option. If this doesn't work, I am done. Very frustrated.

dzilizzi

I know nothing
It seems to be working on my Windows 7 computer in download only. Keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe it doesn't like Windows 10.

michelsimons

Just a recap for users having trouble downloading with Continuata:

-Run the program as Administrator (Windows)

In the settings tab:
-Put download/install mode to: Download only
-Connection mechanism seems to work best at single.

You can unzip the files you end up with and it should work beautifully!
What Floris said. And maybe a pause and resume when it freezes.

Sorry I missed that suggestion earlier. Right now there is one more file to be downloaded before I can extract manually. I think it's the default mic nki file.

Press ok, pause, try to go for settings - Download only - and resume that file. After that manually extract.I hope it will be working, if not close Continuata, start again.
Thanks again for the tip! Tried but no avail. Same "32 bit overflow" message pops up...
Maybe I should download "Conduct" beta app to try (?)

Do you try to restart PC and then start Continuata again - Download only ? If its only one file and the last, maybe to move all acrhive files to another folder and let that one to donwload to overcome that 32bit overflow ?

blougui

So I bought the Binaural mics add-on. Played it on its own: Meh it's okay. Then i mixed it with the default mics and...boom, thunder.

I can tell already that it's going to be a lot of fun experimenting with different mic matching. I'm going for the close mics next.

Here's a little improv with the Binaural/default combo. 36 velocites, reverb turned off.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/embertone-steinway-default-binaural-mp3.14107/][/AUDIOPLUS]
I dunno if you keepitsimple but I find impressive piano chops at play here, more complex than not, at least in the virtuoso section :) congrats !
Is it me or I feel like sometimes a lot of reverb is happening, or is it the effect of a sustain pedal pressed hard ?

I am using Mac OS 10.13. Now I remember I read the earlier comment not to use "Download & Install", but I thought it's only for Windows.

Trying with "Conduct" right now.

In the end that one file have 2mb, nothing to worry about, contact Emberton to send you, or I will give you if they allow me :)
Thanks again for your earlier help!! I finally did it with "Conduct". Yes, the missing file is only around 1MB within that 56MB zip. Hope Continuata will up their game soon enough, esp. in terms of the client side.

dzilizzi

I know nothing
The Windows 7 download crashed with a bunch of C++ errors, but the Windows 10 finally completed. :) Now I have 33 files to unpack. :faint: Actually, I can do it fairly easily with 7-zip.

And listening to @keepitsimple 's sample of the Binaural mics (sounds great), I'm kind of wishing I got the full version with all the mics. I figured at $15 each, I could grab them later if I liked how it sounded. And that I would never need the binaural mic.

Thanks!

Napier Lopez

So I bought the Binaural mics add-on. Played it on its own: Meh it's okay. Then i mixed it with the default mics and...boom, thunder.

I can tell already that it's going to be a lot of fun experimenting with different mic matching. I'm going for the close mics next.

Here's a little improv with the Binaural/default combo. 36 velocites, reverb turned off.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/embertone-steinway-default-binaural-mp3.14107/][/AUDIOPLUS]
This setup sounds fantastic. I'm a sucker for binaural recordings and tempted to buy the full version right now just because of it. Hope Embertone decides to allow those of us who bought the lite version to upgrade!

In other news, I think I finally got the dynamics somewhere I like. It took more tweaking than on any of my other VSTs, but yes, starting with a 45-degree line for both dynamic scaling and volume is a good starting point.

Top Bottom