What's new

Embertone Releases: Walker 1955 Steinway 'D'

DerGeist

Because Embertone calculate days for update from Venus calendar and not Earth days (someone mention that before), seems reasonable that what you hear is Moonwalk :grin: They must live in accordance to :alien:
I have solved the pedaling issue by being a terrible rock pianist. If you never take your foot off the pedal it works great. This is only a problem for people with good pedal technique :)

Phryq

AlbertMcKay.com
Also, in the update, maybe you could include something that allows the Dynamic Pure Tuning to work? (It glitches with the current version). Hopefully that's an easy fix?

bsntn99

A year of empty promises ... not a great way to instill confidence in potential customers. I know I won't be doing business with Embertone in the future.

newman

Certainly there is pent up demand for well-playing Steinway piano VIs.

If Embertone can get the Walker Steinway piano finalised, they would see a big bump in sales from those of us patiently waiting on the sidelines.

Grizzlymv

As EgM mention, they are a very small team I think, which will obviously won't have the same reaction time as bigger companies. Their service is above average and the quality of the products is top notch. To deliver such high quality, it takes time. My feeling is they are victim of their success. Keep faith, and you shouldn't be afraid of doing business with them. My humble 2 cents.

mojamusic

I just bought the piano, a moment ago and there is a notice stating that Embertone is having some legal issues with the name... that could also be a monkey wrench for a small company. Let's stand by them.

EgM

Game music!
I just bought the piano and there is a notice stating that Embertone is having some legal issues with the name... that could also be a monkey wrench for a small company. Let's stand by them.
They dealt with that, they only had to remove the mention of the word 'Steinway' and have changed it since then.

CGR

Pianist, Composer & Arranger
As EgM mention, they are a very small team I think, which will obviously won't have the same reaction time as bigger companies. Their service is above average and the quality of the products is top notch. To deliver such high quality, it takes time. My feeling is they are victim of their success. Keep faith, and you shouldn't be afraid of doing business with them. My humble 2 cents.
Good points. Although communication to their customer base is important - if only to say that it's still a work in progress.

Reactions: EgM

Fleer

Feeding the Trolls
As EgM mention, they are a very small team I think, which will obviously won't have the same reaction time as bigger companies. Their service is above average and the quality of the products is top notch. To deliver such high quality, it takes time.My feeling is they are victim of their success.Keep faith, and you shouldn't be afraid of doing business with them.My humble 2 cents.
^^^ This.
And for such a very small team they make some of the best products available. Nothing beats their Joshua Bell Violin library and I’m sure the final version of their Walker Steinway will be just as incredible. Go, Embertone.

Mystic

You guys have a weird way of coming up with excuses to deflect issues these companies have; especially with customer service. I love Embertone but the reality is they should be on here communicating with us every once in a while to let us know what is going on rather than radio silence for months at a time. I find this very odd behavior for this company as they have always been very active with the community. It takes all of 10 minutes to log in and give us some sort of update as to what is going on. Many of us paid a lot of money for this library and are waiting for updates beyond the half-pedaling thing.

If they had issues that required the library to be re-recorded, that's fine but at least let your customers know so we're not hanging in the dark for a year. Saying they are a small company is such a BS excuse for radio silence if I've ever heard one.

thecomposer10

Soundtrack Composer • Pianist
You guys have a weird way of coming up with excuses to deflect issues these companies have; especially with customer service. I love Embertone but the reality is they should be on here communicating with us every once in a while to let us know what is going on rather than radio silence for months at a time. I find this very odd behavior for this company as they have always been very active with the community. It takes all of 10 minutes to log in and give us some sort of update as to what is going on. Many of us paid a lot of money for this library and are waiting for updates beyond the half-pedaling thing.

If they had issues that required the library to be re-recorded, that's fine but at least let your customers know so we're not hanging in the dark for a year. Saying they are a small company is such a BS excuse for radio silence if I've ever heard one.
I have to agree. The cutoffs that come as a result of bad pedal scripting basically make this things unusable for classical style playing and recording, and since the sound is so good that this is a real travesty. I find myself using the HZP (!) for classical style cues and recordings because the programming is just so much better, even though at least in my opinion the sound is not. I’ve been eagerly awaiting an update to this but am disappointed by the lack of communication.

Top Bottom