What's new

Embertone Releases: Walker 1955 Steinway 'D'

thomasjdev

Not that it helps any but checking out their twitter account they responded to someone on Jan 2
Hey Mac,
We’re sorry for the delay for the half pedaling update, but it will be coming soon! We appreciate your patience.
So at least a response this year, though coming soon doesn't give any idea of what their idea of soon is.

I'm just starting out and picked up their library as I liked the sounds from the demos I watched and the price of the library seemed reasonable for what you get. It sounds funny but I'm thankful that I'm not experienced enough to have had this issue impact me, so in my case I only hope the release the update before it does.

Not that it helps any but checking out their twitter account they responded to someone on Jan 2

So at least a response this year, though coming soon doesn't give any idea of what their idea of soon is.

I'm just starting out and picked up their library as I liked the sounds from the demos I watched and the price of the library seemed reasonable for what you get. It sounds funny but I'm thankful that I'm not experienced enough to have had this issue impact me, so in my case I only hope the release the update before it does.
I hope that update doesn`t mean only half pedal patch. There is more to fix. We already discuss about it. I don`t know why is so hard to respond to users. What if product will need more updates after this one ? Whenever I go to VSL forum I see that VSL team respond on daily basis and from the moment they release VSL CFX and Steinway they update their product at least 20 times to fulfill all wishes from users. Yeah, I know that also cost three times more. Too bad I like the sound of Embertone more than VSL pianos. But Embertone must work hard to arrive at least close to their playability.

Last edited:

dflood

Not sure why the radio silence on this forum, but the lights do seem to be on at Embertone. I had a quick response to a mountain dulcimer support question just the other day. If they say they are working on it I assume that’s what’s happening.

Not sure why the radio silence on this forum, but the lights do seem to be on at Embertone. I had a quick response to a mountain dulcimer support question just the other day. If they say they are working on it I assume that’s what’s happening.
Probably, our worries and doubts are related for their words from may 2018, all other is nothing but pure love for their piano :)

Phryq

AlbertMcKay.com
Could we simply set cc64 to automate the release in order to get half-pedalling?

With only the sus samples, maybe it'd sound convincing?

Phryq

AlbertMcKay.com
Also, I assume that the staccato samples are not for the Una Corda, right?

So if I'm playing Una Corda, and trigger some staccato, they'll be non Una Corda?

I definitely wouldn't expect una-corda staccato, just wondering.

Mystic

Keep in mind the piano isn't the only thing they are working on as well. I'm assuming they are already well into the recording and editing of the new cello which is likely taking a good amount of time as well. You can't just pause projects you have on the schedule which unfortunately means that this update is taking longer the more hitches they find with it.

OP
Embertone

Embertone

Hey all, Alex here.

We are very sorry for the radio silence. And for the delays. Rather than offer any lame excuses, I'll just assure you that updating the piano is a top priority for us. Things got messy is all I'll say :).

We do now have beta patches available for any *current owners** wanting a sneak peak at the half pedaling feature. Thanks!

Alex

wolfgangmeister

Hey all, Alex here.

We are very sorry for the radio silence. And for the delays. Rather than offer any lame excuses, I'll just assure you that updating the piano is a top priority for us. Things got messy is all I'll say :).

We do now have beta patches available for any *current owners** wanting a sneak peak at the half pedaling feature. Thanks!

Alex
Alex,
As a *current owner*, I had also requested the 'sneak peak' half-pedaling feature beta patch some 75 days ago, via Embertone Support Ticket #7015 - New Purchase Invoice #0000107644: Looking for 1/2 pedaling / re-pedaling patch. I actually just sent a reply note to this same support ticket request last evening. How does one receive this patch?

Many Thanks, Jason

Phryq

AlbertMcKay.com
I also wanted to ask about the stereo-spread (can't find this anywhere).

Is 100% spread simply Mic-A 100% left and Mic-B 100% right?

Or is there some algorithm going on? I prefer to start with mics hard-panned, but no 'stereo' processing. Is that 50% (default) spread?

eli0s

Hello Alex,

New owner here, requesting this sneak peek at the half pedaling feature! How should I get by it, ask here or at Embertone's support?

Thank you for your support,

Elias

Lougheed

Great recording! Thanks for sharing.

And yes I agree if they can get the issues sorted (note cut offs) and new features finished it will become the go-to piano for many, I'm sure. :)

NYC Composer

I thought it was something I was doing wrong.

I have the pedaling cutoff as well (Lite version), and I’m surprised we haven’t gotten Embertone feedback on it. I’m starting to wonder if it’s a knotty problem they have yet to figure out. Not good.

styledelk

In case if anybody's interested in a first impression type of recording, here's one that I recorded a while ago. (Not the new Beta version). Once they iron out the issues, it should be considered one of the top piano libraries for sure.

Which keyboard controller is that?

Top Bottom