What's new

Embertone Releases: Walker 1955 Steinway 'D'

I did not get any email, and I own Walker. I am having some issues with notes getting cut off while holding the sustain and transitioning from certain notes. Is it possible that I am using the whole polyphony of the library? I don't think so...is any one else having this issue?
Did you increase voices from default 100 ?

Had a note choking issue resolved by increasing the 100 note default voices...I had no idea, until it was brought to my attention. So I ask @Embertone ...why on earth, would you not default the voices to their max for a piano library that can easily use infinite voices, instead default it to 100? that's ridiculous to me, at the very least it should be 250 minimum...anyone else feel the same?

Love the sound of the piano in the demos and looking for something that can handle a jazzy sound better than Una Chorda and Maverick which I already have. If I were to get the Full version and just a couple mic positions (I can't spare the HD space to get them all) which would cover the most ground?

Love the sound of the piano in the demos and looking for something that can handle a jazzy sound better than Una Chorda and Maverick which I already have. If I were to get the Full version and just a couple mic positions (I can't spare the HD space to get them all) which would cover the most ground?

I use the room or binaural mics the most and both are very different from Main. But you might want to listen to the demos of each position on their site - you should be able to tell what you like pretty easily.

I use the room or binaural mics the most and both are very different from Main. But you might want to listen to the demos of each position on their site - you should be able to tell what you like pretty easily.

To be honest I think I like the main mics most, but I am curious which other mics would give me the greatest range of styles if I were to purchase a couple...

To be honest I think I like the main mics most, but I am curious which other mics would give me the greatest range of styles if I were to purchase a couple...

I have binaural and room mics, of course the main as well...never used the main for anything, BUT...don't look at the sound as a single mic position, but more of a combination. With more mics, you have tons more sound options, and they ALL sound different...I personally love the binaural, with a bit of room, and slight main mics. Gives a nice full sound.

That’s essentially what I thought you meant.

Other than the room mic position, all the others can be mixed with each other. Room mic is the most different from the others - it’s the one best suited to use in an orchestral seating out of the group, by far.

Binaural gives you the most ambient tone out of the ones that can be mixed with Main/Full.

In other words, by being the most different from your favorite mic position, they give you the most additional stylistic options.

That doesn’t mean that they are the ones that necessarily make the most sense for you personally, though. Instead you could work to fill in with similar compatible colors.

Main/Close/Wide is one blend option.

Main/Hammer/Wide another alternative.

Or if you don’t want the extra width and just want as much control over the close tone as possible: Main/Hammer/Close.

It’s mainly a question of whether you really want to cater to drastically different styles (in which case my first two suggestions remain) or work with closely related styles. Adding close or hammer can definitely help you add some definition when mixing the piano up-front.

There’s no “wrong” choice, so you should be fine whatever you pick.

I have binaural and room mics, of course the main as well...never used the main for anything, BUT...don't look at the sound as a single mic position, but more of a combination. With more mics, you have tons more sound options, and they ALL sound different...I personally love the binaural, with a bit of room, and slight main mics. Gives a nice full sound.

While my personal preference is to use binaural when mixing with other mic positions or room on its own (due to the difference in LR imaging), I completely agree with jaketanner about how most of the mics contribute the most when mixed. Also, it seems like both jaketanner and I like getting some of that more ambient miking in there when possible. :)

That’s essentially what I thought you meant.

Other than the room mic position, all the others can be mixed with each other. Room mic is the most different from the others - it’s the one best suited to use in an orchestral seating out of the group, by far.

Binaural gives you the most ambient tone out of the ones that can be mixed with Main/Full.

In other words, by being the most different from your favorite mic position, they give you the most additional stylistic options.

That doesn’t mean that they are the ones that necessarily make the most sense for you personally, though. Instead you could work to fill in with similar compatible colors.

Main/Close/Wide is one blend option.

Main/Hammer/Wide another alternative.

Or if you don’t want the extra width and just want as much control over the close tone as possible: Main/Hammer/Close.

It’s mainly a question of whether you really want to cater to drastically different styles (in which case my first two suggestions remain) or work with closely related styles. Adding close or hammer can definitely help you add some definition when mixing the piano up-front.

There’s no “wrong” choice, so you should be fine whatever you pick.

I have Una Chorda which I find quite nice for ambient type tones so I'm looking for a more Jazz sounding piano, something like Piano in Blue... Which mic's which would recommend picking up for that?

Top Bottom