1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embertone Releases: Walker 1955 Steinway 'D'

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Embertone, Jun 14, 2018.

1. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    @ SGordB …. Good Catch !! …. but, they'll still get off the hook !! :roflmao:

spacialization" definition | English definition dictionary | Reverso
    'spacialization' definition, meaning, English dictionary, synonym, see also 'specialization',spacial',spallation',socialization', Reverso dictionary, English definition ...

SGordB likes this.
  2. jon wayne

jon wayne Senior Member

Oct 4, 2005
    Yeah, misspelling makes that piano sound awful. Replacing it with free piano that knows how to spell!!!!

Gerbil likes this.
  3. slobajudge

slobajudge Senior Member

Mar 23, 2016
    Great news, looking forward to it.

4. Batrawi

Batrawi Senior Member

Jul 9, 2016
    How come? I was trying to purchase today but the early bird discount didn't apply.
    I contacted your support team and "Nick Cameron" responded to me that it has unfortunately ended yesterday!
    (Would you be able to help the poor guy here:whistling:)

5. OP
    OP
    Embertone

Embertone Senior Member

Oct 7, 2011
    U.S.A.
    When did you try it? The discount should work through 11:59PM, we extended the sale one more day because of an error on our side communicating with users.

Alex

sostenuto likes this.
  6. Batrawi

Batrawi Senior Member

Jul 9, 2016
    I tried it early this day (@ around 7am cairo time) it didnt work back then. Nick just sent me another mail now informing that it's working now till end of today.

...purchased...lucky me:)

SoNowWhat? and Embertone like this.
  7. Batrawi

Batrawi Senior Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Now downloading.. and while really excited about the library overall, the thing I'm anxious about the most is that tiny space I'm pointing at below...I really have high hopes that scrolling the "sample start" knob all the way to the left, would mean hearing more of the "key down" noise (as opposed to hammer strike noise).

This may sound as a ridiculously unnecessary detail, but trust me it gives a magical thickness & weight to the sound specially when playing at low velocity. And Yes there will be a tiny delay in response for sure but it's definitely worth it IMO!

If not the case, then I hope Alex & embertone would consider this feature in a future update...I mean, they went crazy meticulous with the release notes already... so why not:)
    20180704_101104.png

8. desert

desert Just here so I don't get fined

Jul 31, 2016
    Australia
    The sound/sample quality is amazing. I'm loving these deep low notes and dreamy high notes

SoNowWhat? and Embertone like this.
  9. slobajudge

slobajudge Senior Member

Mar 23, 2016
    I have problem now with all other piano libraries, now they sound flat and empty compare to Embertone.

10. Ashermusic

Ashermusic Senior Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I just wrote a very positive review for AskAudio. Try combining the main and hammer mics, the sound is glorious.

SoNowWhat?, chasmanian and Fleer like this.
  11. slobajudge

slobajudge Senior Member

Mar 23, 2016
    Yes, in the beginning I was mainly use room with close mics, but now I use only main with close or hammer mics as you said. Fantastic combination really. Room mics goes better with hammer mics than close for some classical distance feeling.

Fleer and chasmanian like this.
  12. HardyP

HardyP Senior Member

Jun 30, 2013
    LDK
    Knock, knock....

:whistling:

13. desert

desert Just here so I don't get fined

Jul 31, 2016
    Australia
    It’s been like a few days dude. Give them some time...

SoNowWhat? likes this.
  14. HardyP

HardyP Senior Member

Jun 30, 2013
    LDK
    Just wanna make shure they don‘t work on Sundays...

:thumbsup:

15. Batrawi

Batrawi Senior Member

Jul 9, 2016
    I'm in love with that piano...truely a piece of art!

However sorry for being naggy @Embertone but is there hope to see this feature implemented for extra meatiness to the sound?

16. OP
    OP
    Embertone

Embertone Senior Member

Oct 7, 2011
    U.S.A.
    An update for everyone- we are releasing more documentation at the beginning of next week. And also, we’ve been hard at work creating an instrument update that includes additional features, most notably, half pedaling. It sounds and feels great! We hope to have an update ready within a week or two.

Thanks!!

Alex

17. good

good Senior Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Oh, that's fantastic!
    You've solved its only flaw I think. It is closest to perfection among piano virtual instruments that have recently come out.
    Thank you for your hard work.

18. slobajudge

slobajudge Senior Member

Mar 23, 2016
    I was checking email everyday, excellent news, I am glad that you decide to bite more than just small changes. So glad. Can`t wait.

19. Funkybot

Funkybot Member

Jun 24, 2018
    Great news on the documentation and the update (honestly, why not release both together?). Will the update include a fix to the script that's supposed to link parameters when using multiple microphones? How does it ensure the same sample is being triggered at the same time across instances?

20. jneebz

jneebz Senior Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Portland OR, USA
    This is just ridiculously generous. Thanks @Embertone !

SoNowWhat? and artinro like this.