What's new

Embertone Expression Maps

Treppenwitz

Anyone have any working Cubase Expression Maps for Embertone instruments that they would like to share? I'm trying to set them up for a new template, but the manual doesn't define all the keyswitches options shows in the UI. I'm of the belief that if the UI has a control, the manual should discuss the control. I'm looking specifically at the "D2 = Normal" keyswitch. What does it do, exactly? There are a few other vague things that I've managed to read between the lines and figure out. But "Normal" is not defined in the manual.

Friendlander Keyswitches.JPG

Thanks for your help!

I believe it's if you're using keyswitches to switch to different color modes (Sul Pont/Sul Tasto), the Normal keyswitch is what resets it to just a normal bowing style.

Hope that helps,

Actually it depend of the instruments. The Leonid Bass and Fisher Viola have different switches than the older Cello and Violin. I had to mess up a bit when I built the expression maps for the 4 of them. I tried to align them as much as possible, but it's not perfect. I believe an update to the Violin and Cello is planned to bring them on par with the two more recent. I can have a look into sharing the exp. maps when I get back home tonight.

not formally. I believe it was on a facebook post following the leonid release where someone mentionned that the Cello and Violin looked outdated in comparison for the memory management and other features and they responded positively, but can't remember their exact words, so don't take it for granted. ;)

I've attached my expression maps provided as is. I could probably have combined them into only one (you'll see that I have 2 maps for each, one with Con Sordino, and one without) but I wanted to keep a certain standard with my other libraries within my template. Hopefully they will give you some ideas. Cheers.

Attachments

• Expression Map.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 54
yup indeed. From their Leonid Bass page "
*We are working hard to update ALL the Intimate Strings instruments to bring all the functionality up to speed. Stay tuned!"

...snip...
I've attached my expression maps provided as is. I could probably have combined them into only one (you'll see that I have 2 maps for each, one with Con Sordino, and one without) but I wanted to keep a certain standard with my other libraries within my template. Hopefully they will give you some ideas. Cheers.

Thank you Grizzly! Will give this a try. Wish there were an user Expression Map repository somewhere. Steinberg's official one is outdated. We're all reinventing the wheel with these every time. I'd rather spend my time composing!

Top Bottom