What's new

Email Alerts not coming in

premjj

Hi

I haven't been getting any email alerts to the watched forums/threads for quite some time now. I do see alerts when I log into the forum though.

I also noticed that they suddenly started coming in but only for all my forum activity that happened in the last week or so.

Is this a bug or do I need to go and re-enable notifications on all of the earlier threads/forums?

I'm not sure. Email notifications has been a continuing problem for months, if not years. We're kinda at the mercy of the XenForo software, so I'm not sure if anything can be done.

Ok. I was wondering if it was just at my end.

Curious how the other users are managing.

Email alerts are so much easier to keep track of forum updates since they have a snippet of the text. Unlike Site alerts which need you to click on each and every one of them to see what has been posted.

Ok. I was wondering if it was just at my end.

Curious how the other users are managing.

Email alerts are so much easier to keep track of forum updates since they have a snippet of the text. Unlike Site alerts which need you to click on each and every one of them to see what has been posted.
Same here, random notifications from time to time, in the past days nothing...

Same here, random notifications from time to time, in the past days nothing...

And the site alerts seem to be capped at three pages (please correct me if I am wrong) so if you haven't logged in for a few weeks then you are completely out of touch with the ongoing conversations.

I get the notifications for all topics I'm following, but if you haven't logged in to check the latest posts you've been notified about, I don't think it will send you updates.

>> To be sure, click the link in your email to go to the topic you are notified about, so that your visit will be registered and further notifications can be sent. <<

Notice in the email notifying you:

"This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the forum "COMMERCIAL Announcements" at VI-CONTROL with email notification of new threads or messages. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages."

If this isn't your issue, let me know.

Top Bottom