What's new

Elementary Kontakt velocity question

JohnG

What's the best way to reign in the "on" velocities on a harp? I really like the quiet samples and want to corral my performance into a very low range of velocity so I don't have to tweak as much.

I know I can adjust my keyboard but I don't want that adjustment to affect everything else.

What would you recommend?

There are many ways to adjust the velocity curve in most sequencers and also scripts in Kontakt that can do the same. Which harp are you using?

Usually I do that by going to edit mode, go to the script editor tab, and in an open slot choose the velocity response curve script that comes standard with Kontakt. Once that script is there, you can tweak the curve as you like.

Usually I do that by going to edit mode, go to the script editor tab, and in an open slot choose the velocity response curve script that comes standard with Kontakt. Once that script is there, you can tweak the curve as you like.

Hi Glenn -- thanks for the advice. If you go through Spitfire's presets, one of them under "Factory" is "Randomise and Change," and if you select "Change Velocity" you get something that's very easy to edit.

Thank you!

John

Hi Glenn -- thanks for the advice. If you go through Spitfire's presets, one of them under "Factory" is "Randomise and Change," and if you select "Change Velocity" you get something that's very easy to edit.

Thank you!

John
Most of the current SF instruments have a velocity curve tool up above the mics on the wrench page.
Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 4.17.03 PM.png

That is interesting, and it also appears to interact successfully with the Kontakt one.

Thank you!

John
Kontakt has a velocity control in their library that you can either use as a multiscript or open the instrument and add it, if there's an empty slot.

Are you in Logic? If so LPX has some velocity modifiers in the MIDI fx plugins. Not sure if Cubase, DP or other DAW's have that as well... I would imagine some do.

Top Bottom