What's new

Elektron Octatrack owners? I have some questions…

tmm

Any owners on this forum?

I'm finding myself more and more wanting to do at least some of my work out of the box.

This unit seems like it could potential he work very well for me. But having owned and analog four, and is not really appreciating that workflow, I'm a little hesitant to drop the cash.

If you've worked with one before:

-How easy is it to work with? How easy is it to assign parameters to the Crossfade?

-Something I would like to be able to do is record a single wave with a lot of different sounds/riffs, then import it to the sampler, slice it up, independently manipulate the slices, and then seek with them. Is this all possible, and relatively easy to do with the Octatrack? Watching YouTube videos, a lot of guys make this seem relatively simple, but I don't know how long they've been using the units for.

Any help you can offer will be much appreciated. Thank you!

Hey! I used to own one and currently have the RYTM and A4. It's a deep box with a big learning curve. Prepare to be very confused for awhile :) Less intuitive than the Rytm or A4 but similar workflow. I never liked the sound quality of it much. Elektron is teasing some new device at NAMM so it could be an OT2 as it could use a refresh. I'd wait until after NAMM before dropping any money on anything. From what I've seen so far I think the new Akai MPC Live might be a better choice though.

I never liked the sound quality of it much.

The 8T works at 44.1, right? I think that's decent. Beyond that, the quality of the sounds is only limited by the quality of the samples you're putting into it, right?

so it could be an OT2

Have there been rumors of this? How likely are we talking?

the new Akai MPC Live

Interesting! Looking into that, too, mostly bc I hate the Elektron workflow

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately looks like a step in the opposite direction of what I'd want (more controls! less menu diving!). I'll have to look into that MPC some, too, but I don't like that I'm not seeing any sliders / pitch wheels / anything but knobs & buttons.

Yeah it's not a direct OT replacement. More will be revealed. The MPC touch screen looks like it can do some cool real time control stuff.

If you don't like the Elektron workflow I can't imagine you liking the OT. It's even more convoluted than the analog series.

Top Bottom