What's new

EIS Update

Craig Sharmat

Well a while back there was some talk about EIS, and some composers here expressed interest in the course.

Here is an update.

Live audio lessons have now been successfully taught with Ichat for Mac and Skype for PC. I should be able to get David Blumberg (maybe the most qualified instructor) and the other instructers up to speed on this shortly. If anyone is interested in taking the course at this time, I can put you in touch with David for course materials.

Markus suggested we set up a chat room for EIS on IRC and I think it is a good idea. Though it will start small, once the more elder students (and grads) begin to filter in it could become a lively place.

Web site news. While the course can be taught at this time, EIS is not really an organization as such but still holds a fair amount of beauracratic stuff to deal with. Frederick has been helpful in getting a site ready and we intend to have an EIS forum with it, but my guess this is still weeks away at best (not Fredericks fault).

Craig

Is the EIS chat going to be for students only or is it more for a general audience? If so, which IRC server and # name? (I recommend efnet.demon.co.uk personally.) I'm looking forward to helping you set up that community in whatever capacity you all see fit - just give the word.

Top Bottom