What's new

EIS Student Examples

MatFluor

Tried my hand in some 90s Videogame Castlevania style based on a reference track, which is mainly 3 parts stitched together.
Very cool to see and hear EIS coming together on paper and then in the final "mockup".

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/illusionist-dance-mp3.18624/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• Illusionist Dance.mp3
    1.6 MB · Views: 75

MatFluor

Just leveraged some of Book V for a small cue - render from Sibelius with Noteperformer.

Reason was that somebody needed a 32 bar cue with Flute and Piano in E Major - I think it turned out ok and that it was worth sharing :)

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/piece-for-solo-flute-with-piano-mp3.19749/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• Piece for Solo Flute with Piano - Full Score.pdf
    40.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Piece for Solo Flute with Piano.mp3
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Farkle

"diatonic" inversions FTW! Nice work, Mat! It's pretty, it's elegant, it works. I think you can swap piano for harp as an alternate "arrangement"... flute and harp lay together really well, ask Ravel. :) Very nice work!

Mike

OP
Craig Sharmat

Craig Sharmat

Really great ideas...Alexander these are a thing called equal Interval runs, first part are single line runs. Second part are equal interval chordal runs. It will make more sense if you read the notes while listening. There are many separate ideas with no continuity (on purpose).

Lauri, you may wish to fix the 3 tones together.

Last edited:

Ashley Kampta

Craig, I really, really liked that big band example! I'm trying to write a big band style remake of a piece from one of my favourite video games, and this kind of style and energy is exactly what I want to emulate. Do you mind if I save the video from YouTube and analyse it with a fine-toothed comb?

Did you play in all the parts yourself after notating in Sibelius, or did you choose to directly import the MIDI from Sibelius and then tweak everything in Logic? I'm wondering what it took to get the feel and energy just right.

Also, what brass libraries do you use for jazz/big band? This is a gaping hole in my library that I need to fill!

Last edited:
OP
Craig Sharmat

Craig Sharmat

Craig, I really, really liked that big band example! I'm trying to write a big band style remake of a piece from one of my favourite video games, and this kind of style and energy is exactly what I want to emulate. Do you mind if I save the video from YouTube and analyse it with a fine-toothed comb?

Did you play in all the parts yourself after notating in Sibelius, or did you choose to directly import the MIDI from Sibelius and then tweak everything in Logic? I'm wondering what it took to get the feel and energy just right.

Also, what brass libraries do you use for jazz/big band? This is a gaping hole in my library that I need to fill!
I didn’t see this to now, sorry. I played everything in, no quantizing. Some of it is in Sibelius and I play it in and other parts I know book 9 well enough I can figure out the parts w/o writing it down. Most of the brass in this is Sample Modeling and Audio Modeling. Happy to send the video.

Ashley Kampta

I didn’t see this to now, sorry. I played everything in, no quantizing. Some of it is in Sibelius and I play it in and other parts I know book 9 well enough I can figure out the parts w/o writing it down. Most of the brass in this is Sample Modeling and Audio Modeling. Happy to send the video.
This is brilliant info. I have had my eyes on the Sample Modelling and Audio Modelling stuff for a while, and I think I'm just going to save up for the complete bundles and go for them. I'll PM you my email address so you can send the video!

Top Bottom