What's new

Efficient iPad Connection?

RRBE Sound

Hello Everyone! :)

So I have been fumbling with DAW control from mechanical faders to iPad control.

I have come to the conclusion that I only need an iPad as control. - As I already have one spare.

I use Logic, and the logic remote.

BUT: I can not figure out one efficient way to connect it. From WIFI it seams to fail connection and with Bluetooth it's kind of stable, but not completely.

Maybe I just need some other software?

What do you guys do ???

Thank you!

All the best
Rune

Yea! - Great idea! :) - I just can't seam find a way to connect it..?

All the best
Rune
googled it, Logic Remote does not support usb connection:/
If your system is not stable enough via Wifi/Bluetooth you should maybe look for another software solution. On Vi-C you will find some good threads about this topic;)

WiFi is going to be your most flexible solution. Can you describe the failure in more detail? Does it sometimes fail or always fail?
OKay. Thanks :)

well it seams that it connects for maybe 5 sec and then drop off. My wifi system is just beside my desk, and also in level with the disk.

googled it, Logic Remote does not support usb connection:/
If your system is not stable enough via Wifi/Bluetooth you should maybe look for another software solution. On Vi-C you will find some good threads about this topic;)
Ahh.. That might be the reason.. :P

Do you mean changing DAW? :)

OKay. Thanks :)

well it seams that it connects for maybe 5 sec and then drop off. My wifi system is just beside my desk, and also in level with the disk.

Is the whole iPad losing connection or just the app? In WiFi settings, make sure your connection is with the access point next to your desk and not some more distant one. Are you running the latest version of iOS?

Is the whole iPad losing connection or just the app? In WiFi settings, make sure your connection is with the access point next to your desk and not some more distant one. Are you running the latest version of iOS?
I think it is just the app. - The WIFI connection is very stable and 20 mbit*.

I am using a iPad 3, it should be at the ''newest'' version.

From my experience, the only connection that worked without any glitch and was able to charge my iPad pro 13' constantly is iconnect midi interface. You have to spend some money on this hardware, but it was totally worth it to me, cause it is essential not having to worry about connections not working during composing. It also offers hardware DIN connectors and Midi USB devices via hub - all in all a very good value of useful features for the money.

As of the latest update, Logic remote *does* support a Lightning > USB connection. It works great. The caveat is that you have to be running the most recent versions of, well, everything.

Bluetooth paired devices much more stable than wifi for me. Check you have the latest L and LR versions.

I have this:
(broken link removed)
My iPad 3 is dead, so I might as well sell the iRig interface if you're interested.

I've been using TouchOSC for a few years now over wifi and it's worked flawlessly. I'm running Cubase however, so YMMV with Logic.

Might have to ask Mrs. Claus for a 64 bit used Ipad for Xmas. My old Ipad 2 is on it's final ios (9.35) that will work with Logic Remote and after upgrading both and Logic I now have this unstable wifi issue suddenly and Apple could care less of course. A little birdy told me the person in charge of Logic Remote left the Logic team this past year.

I Use the Logic remote shortcuts for workflow, if I needed faders I would suggest looking into Lemur for ipad or a cheapish hardware unit like a Nanokontrol2.

Top Bottom