What's new

Eduardo Tarilonte's Mystica & Cantus Choir Libraries (Opinions)

muziksculp

Hi,

I'm interested in expanding my Choir Libraries variety, Eduardo Tarilonte's Mystica & Cantus Choir Libraries complement my current collection of Choir/Vocal libraries.

Any feedback from users of either one, or both of these libraries would be helpful, and interesting.

Best Service has a 2 for 1 sale, which do apply to these two libraries, the sale end July 15th, So I could buy Mystica for 199 Euros, and get Cantus for Free.

Looking forward to some feedback on this.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

I was thinking to get them for some time, but when Fluffy Audio's Dominus Choir was released I got that instead and never looked back....until now when I started to listen to the demos of Mystica again. Damn you!

I also picked em up a time ago in a 2for1 offer. These libraries Sound really good & authentical! nevertheless I discovered for me, that they just fit in this one genre of church Music. but well..that's just my personal experience.
anyway....for just 100 bucks per library you can't go wrong!
greetings
wolf

I have them both. they're good libraries but as @Wolf68 mentioned, they're suitable mostly for church songs or sort of for a medieval (knights vs. dragons) theme.
they both also have extra pads, sound effects and other cool stuff that might and will become useful for other genres though.

I would echo exactly as above. They sound lovely and are well produced and very playable. However, they do fill a certain niche. I also picked them up in a 2 for 1 which represents decent value IMHO.

+1 They're great for those Gregorian chants you hear in Enigma (or at a cathedral), medieval vibe.

Dominus is similar, more versatile, but not as overtly medieval in sound.

In a 2 for 1 deal they're definitely worth it and they work together well.

Thanks for the helpful feedback.

Got both of them, paid € 167.23 for Mytica, and got Cantus for Free :) .

I think their vowels articulation, Oooo, Aaaa, Eeee, ...etc. can be used in a diverse set of applications.

I have and have used both. For the most part I like them both, but I’d say that Mystica is a little smoother with its transitions than is Cantus ... for me, the latter didn’t handle being exposed as well.

Sorry to post what is already on the official demos list, but Cantus and Mystica both can be used very well outside medieval and such genres:

At least I like what they can do and how inspiring they are (not your typical choir library, I find that very inspiring). :)

EDIT: Oops, I actually wanted to post this one, which features both libraries. :)

Sorry to post what is already on the official demos list, but Cantus and Mystica both can be used very well outside medieval and such genres:

At least I like what they can do and how inspiring they are (not your typical choir library, I find that very inspiring). :)

EDIT: Oops, I actually wanted to post this one, which features both libraries. :)

@VgsA ,

Thanks for the helpful feedback.

Hah, I couldn't resist and bought them both within the last hour of the BS promotional campaign.
Too bad I'm on holiday, so I need to wait for a couple of days to have the opportunity to play with them....

Great tracks Abel. I also love the art works in your Soundcloud. Do you do those yourself?

I have had them both for a fair while now, but don't use them. I'm not a big choir user, but when I do need one, I tend to go for others. They sound OK, but yeah, I've not used them much. :/

@VgsA Both of those pieces are incredible! I've been a fan of yours ever since hearing one of your demos for Tarilonte's original ERA library ... you never disappoint!

Also, question to anyone who has Dominus and also Cantus/Mystica: I already own Cantus/Mystica but have been thinking about getting Dominus as it's 30% off right now at $260. Does Dominus bring enough to the table to make it worth it ... despite the fact that I already own the other two libs?

Excellent!

Well I have got loads of Choirs - also Mystica and Dominus. Both are very good products with their very own strengths.

Mystica has a very nice sound and is absolutely awesome for medieval and celtic (because it has no vibrato which is very important for these genres) and also for avantgarde stuff. Here are 2 examples which I wrote long time ago:

Medieval:

Avantgarde:

Dominus is a totally different thing. This is a product which deliveres a great ecclesiastic full church choir style sound and is the only choir out there that offers (almost) any words which you need to write the full missale romanum. Right now there isnt SATB - you have to choose between men and women. But as far as i remember Fluffy Audio wanted to release an update / upgrade this year with even more words, Divisi and other great features. If you want a sound like the Bach St. John´s Passion or Mozart Requiem style sound this is a library you will love. But right now the library works better for soft and slow / emotional lines. Havent had the time to try out aggressive and fast stuff (and i am not sure if that works in the current version). Hope that helped :)

Well I have got loads of Choirs - also Mystica and Dominus. Both are very good products with their very own strengths.

Mystica has a very nice sound and is absolutely awesome for medieval and celtic (because it has no vibrato which is very important for these genres) and also for avantgarde stuff. Here are 2 examples which I wrote long time ago:

Medieval:

Avantgarde:

Dominus is a totally different thing. This is a product which deliveres a great ecclesiastic full church choir style sound and is the only choir out there that offers (almost) any words which you need to write the full missale romanum. Right now there isnt SATB - you have to choose between men and women. But as far as i remember Fluffy Audio wanted to release an update / upgrade this year with even more words, Divisi and other great features. If you want a sound like the Bach St. John´s Passion or Mozart Requiem style sound this is a library you will love. But right now the library works better for soft and slow / emotional lines. Havent had the time to try out aggressive and fast stuff (and i am not sure if that works in the current version). Hope that helped :)

@SoundChris that first Mystica demo is positively stunning! Are you using any of the phrases in there? Or is that all legato? It sounds as though there are words where you shift notes several times during the playback of the word and still end on a consonant. This was something that I believed to not be possible in the library because it seemed that once you started playing a different note it would not play through the rest of the word and instead end on the vowel sound that was playing when the note change was triggered. Have I been missing out on some crucial functionality all along?

Thanks!
Tim

@SoundChris that first Mystica demo is positively stunning! Are you using any of the phrases in there? Or is that all legato? It sounds as though there are words where you shift notes several times during the playback of the word and still end on a consonant. This was something that I believed to not be possible in the library because it seemed that once you started playing a different note it would not play through the rest of the word and instead end on the vowel sound that was playing when the note change was triggered. Have I been missing out on some crucial functionality all along?

Thanks!
Tim

Thanks a lot! Well this is a mix of legato and phrases. I included phrases to add more definition and realism because you hear single words and stuff. Usually if there is just one voice at a time sining anything and you fill the other voices with vowels it stil sounds convincing. What is great in Mystica is that you can manipulate the playbakc speed of the phrases in realtime and stil keep a very good quality. Combined with some pitch-editing and cutting (if you are a editing nerd as i am :D ) you get great and very convincing results. If i remember correctly the piece took me an afternoon to edit. So if you havee a project where quality is needed the editing-time is stil reasonable IMO.

Top Bottom