What's new

Eduardo Tarilonte DARK ERA

Does anyone know if these great Eduardo Tarilonte libraries go on sale that often at around 30% or more or is this sort of a 'grab it now cuz you'll never see another sale like this' sort of thing? Thinking maybe Black Friday or later in the year? I've been eyeballing Celtic Era and Persia but can't afford it right now after Spitfire and OT drained my wallet last year.
They do a buy 1 get 1 free every Christmas I believe?

I understand your complains, but Engine is a good and reliable platform so far and the good news is that a new version, completely made from scratch, is coming. We are working hard on it!

Good to know, but when will it be available, hopefully not in a few years ;)

From my memory, Magix ENGINE is based on their Independence Pro sampler, which sounded great, but was a big mess, and annoying to use. Including horrible GUI design, and convoluted structure.

ET-Dark Era might become my first Eduardo Tarilonte Library, I like what it offers. Looking forward to more videos, and detailed info. about this library.

Hopefully Magix will make the new version of ENGINE, and maybe Independence Pro much better, with lots of improvements as far as user interface, Structure, and functionality of the sampler.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if these great Eduardo Tarilonte libraries go on sale that often at around 30% or more or is this sort of a 'grab it now cuz you'll never see another sale like this' sort of thing? Thinking maybe Black Friday or later in the year? I've been eyeballing Celtic Era and Persia but can't afford it right now after Spitfire and OT drained my wallet last year.
Hello,
Best service just offer a deal in Black Friday. So this won’t happen again in a year :)

Engine not great and even worse when you want to load up an instrument to find out everything is unregistered again.

It's far too cumbersome for those who don't have time to dick around with VSTs.

It's annoying yeah, but spending about 2-5 minutes to reactivate the licenses every few months is IMO a really small price to pay to use his libs.

You won't regret buying Celtic Era, trust me... ;) Not sure if this is gonna be a day one buy for me, but throat singing means that it's going into to the shopping list!

I trusted you and bought it :). Haven't tested it yet. I'm sure it will be my another fav from Tarilonte's libraries.

Reactions: J-M
Will there be an intro pricing on this new release? Spent much on other things already so wondering if there is incentive to get now vs later. Also, when can we expect the new Engine to be unveiled estimated time-frame? Thanks.

Hm ... how can I say it: Even the content interessts me and I am convinced of the quality I personally dont like the politics to divide 3 products which (at least IMO) belong together into 3 parts. ERA II, Celtic ERA, Dark ERA. For me the logic consequence would be a new ERA III with all that content included. Just my 2 cents.

Hm ... how can I say it: Even the content interessts me and I am convinced of the quality I personally dont like the politics to divide 3 products which (at least IMO) belong together into 3 parts. ERA II, Celtic ERA, Dark ERA. For me the logic consequence would be a new ERA III with all that content included. Just my 2 cents.

You forgot Persian ERA and ERA Vocal Codex too.

A super bundle of all of them would've been awesome.

You forgot Persian ERA and ERA Vocal Codex too.

A super bundle of all of them would've been awesome.
Well IMO it is consequent not to include Persian Era in what I would want to be ERA III because it consists of instruments without ancient medieval / celtic / european background. For me Vocal Codex is Part of ERA II - I also got it for free along with ERA II Limited edition. But sure - Vocal Codex also should be part of ONE Medieva/Celtic/Nordic product.

It's annoying yeah, but spending about 2-5 minutes to reactivate the licenses every few months is IMO a really small price to pay to use his libs.

All I'm hearing is "as soon as the company maintaining the licensing server goes out of business, you're guarantueed to lose access to your purchased library."

If you're working on a job where you need that library now, I can totally see that still being worth it for you, but I'm just a hobbyist, and I have no need for a collection like this at the moment.

every windows update can and will reset all your activations.
Sorry for the noob question, but I've only recently purchased my first Engine Libraries, and they only come with 3 activations. I had problems during the first installation and already used 2 activations on that one. I'm assuming that Best Service offers additional activations to their customers, but is it a hassle to get them?

All I'm hearing is "as soon as the company maintaining the licensing server goes out of business, you're guarantueed to lose access to your purchased library."

If you're working on a job where you need that library now, I can totally see that still being worth it for you, but I'm just a hobbyist, and I have no need for a collection like this at the moment.

That is unfortunately my licensing worry as well, and one thing that has kept me from investing in more than the base Era II thus far. I can't justify them as "well, I'll add this to my collection and use it eventually" with a license that could poof out of existence by then. I'll pick them up as I need them.

But, on the other hand, this could happen with any digital license that relies on anything other than a serial number or license file. You just have to hope the developer provides alternatives or does right by their customers before they go out of business.

Sorry for the noob question, but I've only recently purchased my first Engine Libraries, and they only come with 3 activations. I had problems during the first installation and already used 2 activations on that one. I'm assuming that Best Service offers additional activations to their customers, but is it a hassle to get them?

The Best Service support lives up to their name, in my experience. I once sent them an email on Christmas day with that exact concern, and they responded within a couple hours. They're well aware that this happens, and told me just to let them know any time I got down to 1 activation and they'll reset the counter.

It's a pain, but at least they're nice about it. I should also note that I haven't had to do this in a couple years, not having made any modifications to my system.

Well IMO it is consequent not to include Persian Era in what I would want to be ERA III because it consists of instruments without ancient medieval / celtic / european background.

Ah. I understand what you are saying.

For me Vocal Codex is Part of ERA II - I also got it for free along with ERA II Limited edition.

Most people missed out on the time limited limited offer though, and had to buy it separately.

But sure - Vocal Codex also should be part of ONE Medieva/Celtic/Nordic product.

Agreed.

Last edited:
The previous ERA libraries had around 18 Gb of sampled material. I guess we can expect the same thing with this release.

I can see why you'd be uneasy about that ... but I guess I just see very little actual risk? I'd imagine that the likelihood that Best Service goes out of business is low and furthermore one would hope that even if they did they would find a way to address the licence issue. But to each their own :)

The point is that with other samplers you don't have to do this because their authorization schemes aren't fucked up like Engine's :)

Oh trust me I'm not defending Engine vs other samplers. All I'm saying is that in my opinion, the minor inconvenience of dealing with reactivations is a small price to pay to use the libs.

Top Bottom