What's new

Eduardo Tarilonte DARK ERA

Does that mean we have to download evry library again to make it work with the new engine :shocked:

Yes! But we'll make sure you'll be happy to do so ;)

Nooooooooooooooo!

It took me over a week to re-download all my libraries the LAST time you decided to improve the copy protection. :sad:

Is it not possible to rebuild the ENGINE software without breaking the libraries every time for "improvements?"

Hi Ben,
Currently we have laid the foundation for the transition of most our existing libraries to the new Engine. Since it is a complete rewrite we will have to "rebuild" every library which unfortunately takes time. After that we plan to open Engine to other developers and users... but this will certainly take more time than we all wish it would :)
Best regards
Wolfgang
Take your time and do it right. I don't wan't to do beta testing for something new when the actual Engine does the job. It works well right now, but everything is too small for my eyes.

Nooooooooooooooo!

It took me over a week to re-download all my libraries the LAST time you decided to improve the copy protection. :sad:

Is it not possible to rebuild the ENGINE software without breaking the libraries every time for "improvements?"
Unfortunately there is no way of doing this without a complete redesign of the containers. But as I already said, we are doing our best to make it worth a new download.

@Best Service Wolfgang
I suppose the prickly question that no one has asked yet:
Will it still use challenge/response authorisations?
Or have you decided to move to something like iLok? (God forbid).

EDIT: And to get back on topic again... I found a NAMM video for Dark ERA that hasn't been posted yet:

Last edited:
@Best Service Wolfgang
I suppose the prickly question that no one has asked yet:
Will it still use challenge/response authorisations?
Or have you decided to move to something like iLok? (God forbid).

EDIT: And to get back on topic again... (even though I already asked this earlier)... Does anyone have any NAMM videos of Dark ERA?
Hey Ben,
we have absolutely no reason to move away from our copy protection ;)
However, there are plans to spare the user the copy string, paste string, copy string, paste string procedure.

Of course! Engine will keep being free
Regarding price, in the NAMM video you say the libraty is going to cost €260/$260.
Is there/will there be an intro price? Will there be some kind of loyalty discount for those who already bought celtic era/persian era/medevil era/codex/forest kingdom etc?

Regarding price, in the NAMM video you say the libraty is going to cost €260/$260.
Is there/will there be an intro price? Will there be some kind of loyalty discount for those who already bought celtic era/persian era/medevil era/codex/forest kingdom etc?
In the past, there was time-limited crossgrade price.

Sorry, but there will be no intro- or corssgrade offers.

Well, then there's no reason to rush and get it if the price will be the same.
Why the change in policy, if i might ask?
Thank you Goldie for reminding us! There indeed was a discounted crossgrade offer to Celtic ERA from various other ERA libraries for one month... I just had a quick chat with all the relevant people and I can confirm that we decided to do this for Dark ERA as well. So, keep a close eye on our newsletter or website :2thumbs:

Thank you Goldie for reminding us! There indeed was a discounted crossgrade offer to Celtic ERA from various other ERA libraries for one month... I just had a quick chat with all the relevant people and I can confirm that we decided to do this for Dark ERA as well. So, keep a close eye on our newsletter or website :2thumbs:
You guys are awesome! Thanks for listening.

Thx

That's great news! Shows how well you listen to customers :)

Top Bottom