Eduardo Tarilonte DARK ERA

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Robo Rivard, Jan 23, 2019.

1. tim727

tim727 Active Member

Nov 21, 2017
    Without a doubt ERA II is his best lib. If you can pick up a second one beyond that honestly it really depends on your tastes and needs. If you're looking for vocals, Vocal Codex is wonderful. The Celtia patch there IMO is one of the most beautiful solo vocal VSTs in existence. I get a lot of use out of the Heroica patch as well. Shevannai is a really nice lib and has a bit more functionality than Celtia ... though IMO the sound in Celtia is easily better. So it depends on what matters more to you. In case you would also consider a non-vocal lib and have an interest in more "eastern" sounding instruments, Ancient Era Persia is excellent.

whiskers likes this.
  2. Ben H

Ben H Senior Member

Mar 7, 2009
    is there any footage of this from NAMM yet?

Robo Rivard likes this.
  3. Goldie Zwecker

Goldie Zwecker Active Member

Feb 1, 2017
    This new version of Engine is a free update, i assume?

4. TARI

TARI Senior Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Spain
    Of course! Engine will keep being free

Ben H and sekkosiki like this.
  5. muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hi @TARI ,

I'm guessing that the upcoming DARK ERA library will be released with the current version of ENGINE, rather than the new one. Correct ?

Any idea or info. on when the new version of ENGINE/Indepence Pro will be out ?

Thanks,
    Muziksculp

6. Chr!s

Chr!s Active Member

May 27, 2018
    Dude, make a Celtic, Era 2, and this, bundle

I'll throw money at you

mickeyl and MillsMixx like this.
  7. Goldie Zwecker

Goldie Zwecker Active Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Great!
    When is it schedueled to be released?

8. KarlHeinz

KarlHeinz Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    This Engine thing is really strange. I wonder why there is already an Independence Pro 3 Engine with lots of additional possibilities (even in the free version !) used with the magix sampler but it wont load the bestservice libraries :-(. Would be much easier if they could let this engines based on the same core run parallel in use.

9. Sunny Fable

Sunny Fable Member

May 24, 2018
    Based on Engine version history, the problem with activation on Win 10 should be fixed:

Engine 2.5.0.183 (Mai 9th 2018)
    - Copy Protection improvements to avoid broken activations after Windows updates.

Robo Rivard likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Robo Rivard

Robo Rivard Senior Member

May 11, 2016
    Québec
    It's fixed, but make sure you restart your computer to make the update active.

11. Maiestic9

Maiestic9 New Member

Nov 14, 2018
    Freshly back from NAMM and my final stop of the day (literally as the event officially ended) was the Best Services booth. Had an opportunity to hear some of this phenomenal new library and share some moments with Tari. As one of my favorite developer/creators it was a true pleasure to meet him in person and discover what a humble, soulful and truly beautiful human being he is.

One of the things that attracts me to his library’s ( outside of the fact that they are beautifully recorded etc) is that there is a certain “magical” quality to them. It was quite apparent where that quality originates from .

This new one will be a insta-buy for me . Sounds Phenomenal.

-Brandon

12. dhlkid

dhlkid Senior Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I hope they will offer ERA user discount, like what they did when release the Ancient Era Persia & Celtic Era

Goldie Zwecker and Mystic like this.
  13. EvilDragon

EvilDragon KSP Wizard

May 25, 2010
    Croatia
    Because Magix doesn't care about updating Independence apparently, and Engine itself is not being handled by Magix, but by Best Service instead. So it's kind of bifurcated development...

14. muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the feedback EvilDragon.

It's good, and a bit reassuring to know that it's Best Service that's developing ENGINE, and hopefully improving, and updating it in the near future, and not Magix, which has wasted a great opportunity to improve, and further develop Independence Pro.

rrichard63 likes this.
  15. TARI

TARI Senior Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Spain
    Yes, it is Best Service who is developing Engine 3. So rest assured you will get an awesome support from them :)

mickeyl, Ben H and MrLinssi like this.
  16. KarlHeinz

KarlHeinz Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Thanks EvilDragon and Tari, even if its kind of strange at least understandeable now and hoping for Engine 3 :)

17. Ben H

Ben H Senior Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Are there plans to develop ENGINE further, into a full featured sampler?
    Or will it always remain player-esque?

18. TARI

TARI Senior Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Spain
    I am sorry I don't know yet.

19. Best Service Wolfgang

Best Service Wolfgang New Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Hi Ben,
    Currently we have laid the foundation for the transition of most our existing libraries to the new Engine. Since it is a complete rewrite we will have to "rebuild" every library which unfortunately takes time. After that we plan to open Engine to other developers and users... but this will certainly take more time than we all wish it would :)
    Best regards
    Wolfgang

20. KarlHeinz

KarlHeinz Senior Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Does that mean we have to download evry library again to make it work with the new engine :shocked: