Eduardo Tarilonte DARK ERA

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Robo Rivard, Jan 23, 2019.

1. muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Thanks.

That's Great !

And... That makes a lot of sense, especially for some of these instruments.

2. tim727

tim727 Active Member

Nov 21, 2017
    @muziksculp As always it depends on your needs and desires for your music, but if you have a general interest in folk/ethnic instruments I would personally suggest ERA II if you could only pick one other Tarilonte library. Although Ancient Era Persia is wonderful, IMO ERA II is the king.

Jaap likes this.
  3. muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I really appreciate your opinion.

I was quite impressed, and really enjoyed listening to what one can do with ERA II Medieval Legends. It has a great combination of instruments, that can be used in many scenarios. Surely nice to have. So.. ERA II Medieval is #1 on my Tori's to get List. Now, I will try to decide on #2. :)

Jaap and TARI like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Robo Rivard

Robo Rivard Senior Member

May 11, 2016
    Québec
    Muziksculp, I don't know if you understand the deal, but if you buy let's say ERA II at standard price, you will be entitled to get Dark ERA for 199 $ until the end of the month. If you buy ERA II and then Persian ERA, you will buy both libraries at regular price, and miss the introductory sale for Dark ERA.

I personnally started with ERA I at the beginnning, so I could have access to all the crossgrades over the time. Lucky me.

TARI and muziksculp like this.
  5. muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Oh.. I see, I'm only able to use the crossgrade price to DARK ERA, for a minute, I thought it is valid for any library. I guess I have to think about it, now it's how useful is DARK ERA for me.

Robo Rivard likes this.
  6. Robert_G

Robert_G It really is just an expensive hobby for me

Feb 6, 2019
    Do these libraries ever go 1/2 off?

7. rrichard63

rrichard63 Perpetual Novice

Nov 17, 2013
    San Francisco Bay Area
    The best I've ever done is 40% off. But that's not to say 50% off can't happen.

TARI likes this.
  8. Ben H

Ben H Senior Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Best Service usually do a BOGOF once a year on BS branded libraries (including Tari's).
    They usually exclude the latest library though, especially if newly released, (within the last year).
    All the others should be included though.

TARI likes this.
  9. muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I'm fancying the Tagelharpa (Bowed Tail Hair Harp) in DARK ERA. Very interesting instrument, with a gutty sound.

Marcio Lobato and Robo Rivard like this.
  10. muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hi,

OK.. So I purchased ERA II Medievel Legends, then got DARK ERA at crossgrade price.

My next move would be to add Celtic Era, and Ancient ERA Persia.

Tari's Libraries offer so much variety, and will be super useful to have for my musical needs. I would love to see (Celtic, and Persia) go on sale soon.

Cheers,
    Muziksculp

TARI and Robo Rivard like this.
  11. OP
    OP
    Robo Rivard

May 11, 2016
    Québec
    Excellent choice!... ERA II is like the "CORE" library to the whole ERA experience. I would get Persian ERA before Celtic, because ERA II and Dark ERA cover a little bit of the same territory as Celtic. Celtic is great for the horns, but Dark ERA is kind of bringing more horns, so it should keep you satisfied for a long time.

tim727 likes this.
  12. muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Hi Robo Rivard,

Thanks for the valuable tip.

Yes, I will most likely do exactly that. (Get PERSIAN ERA, then CELTIC ERA).

Cheers,
    Muziksculp

Robo Rivard likes this.
  13. tim727

tim727 Active Member

Nov 21, 2017
    @muziksculp

I agree about getting Ancient Era Persia before Celtic Era. I would also advise you to take a strong look at Vocal Codex and Forest Kingdom II as well. Both great libraries. Welcome to the enchanted world of Tarilonte's VI's :)

stprodigy, TARI and Robo Rivard like this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Robo Rivard

May 11, 2016
    Québec
    I agree totally!... As an owner of ERA II and Dark ERA, I think that the choice should be from now on dictated by your own personnal needs.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    TARI, muziksculp and tim727 like this.
  15. Dandezebra

Dandezebra Sorry for the inconvenience

Jan 7, 2018
    I bought Forest Kingdom II a few years ago blind (my first Eduardo library). I just fell in love with the description of what it could do and such. I am so glad I purchased it! I have Era II and Dark now as well. Dang, I want that BS sale so I can get Ancient Persia and something else!

TARI, tim727 and muziksculp like this.
  16. muziksculp

muziksculp Senior Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I would love to see Tari venture into developing ASIAN ERA series (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Indian, ...etc.) Instruments.

Ben H, TARI and tim727 like this.
  17. holywilly

holywilly Active Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Taipei, Taiwan
    +1

TARI, Ben H and muziksculp like this.
  18. tim727

tim727 Active Member

Nov 21, 2017
    I have no doubt that he will at some point. Personally I'd rather see more of these medieval-focused libraries. I can never possibly get enough. The more the merrier :)

TARI likes this.
  19. tim727

tim727 Active Member

Nov 21, 2017
    What I'd possibly like to see even more though is a vocal lib similar to vocal codex, but with more targeted "ethnic" vocal singing styles: middle eastern, indian, chinese, etc. That would be incredible.

Robo Rivard and TARI like this.
  20. TARI

TARI Senior Member

Dec 21, 2004
    Spain
    Dear friends, I am grateful beyond words for your kind words and love here at VI control. Thank you very much for your demos, advice, comments...you guys are amazing. This really makes me keep doing more and more.
    THANK YOU! :)