What's new

ED Please help with NI (Native Access): Nothing "installs" I have it all in D

Diablo3

Dear know it all ED (I say this not sarcastically):

(I had to reset Windows 10 because my Nitro 5 was giving me the blank black screen when trying to use PC Screen Only:
Usually I use my Oled TV as monitor. I got that issue fixed).

I have all my content in D:\K\NI I set that in preferences and Native Access just tells me again and again that 153 products are not installed.

I have my vst's at D:\VST\NI . I don't want 32 bit vst. I don't want AAX installed. (I think till now we can't do anything about that).

I have Komplete Ultimate plus some stuff.

In Preferences I have set the paths correctly to my Libraries (Content Location) and VST's (VST 64 Location).
I hit refresh over and over...

NOW I've tried using Locate to install Abbey R. 50s Drummer (because it's the first on the list). I had to choose specifically
the Abbey R. 50s Drummer folder (which is located at D:\K\NI)
It's not sane for anyone to do this 153 times :dancedance:

EDIT: Of course now I tried doing that with Kontakt and it just starts downloading... lol. I have
it all in my D drive :: sad face ::

EDIT: Expansions Selection, I have it on my drive 1.95 gigabytes, and Native Access only allows me to install, not locate... why does NI want to waste bandwidth? I don't get it.

Last edited:

EvilDragon

KSP Wizard
I haven't been in your situation so not sure how to help you out, sorry. I think there's a Locate All option that appears somehow but I haven't used it (and also I hear there's a bug where it doesn't write the paths properly on Windows - uses Mac-style forward slash for folder level delimiter instead of Windows-style backslash).

EDIT: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005720489-How-to-Use-the-Repair-Function-in-Native-Access#RelocateAll

But it seems this only works if you had the content installed previously, then moved it. It ties to registry entries that are created when a product is installed, which won't be there if you did a full OS reset, which you did...)

OP
Diablo3

Diablo3

I haven't been in your situation so not sure how to help you out, sorry. I think there's a Locate All option that appears somehow but I haven't used it (and also I hear there's a bug where it doesn't write the paths properly on Windows - uses Mac-style forward slash for folder level delimiter instead of Windows-style backslash).

EDIT: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005720489-How-to-Use-the-Repair-Function-in-Native-Access#RelocateAll

But it seems this only works if you had the content installed previously, then moved it. It ties to registry entries that are created when a product is installed, which won't be there if you did a full OS reset, which you did...)
Thanks for giving it a go. I wrote to them too and used the NI Support Tool and sent the results.
Cheers mate ;)

dzilizzi

I know nothing
I had to re-locate all the files when I loaded my new computer and moved over the Kontakt drive fully loaded, even though I told them where to find most of them. (some are multiple SSD's so I was expecting to have to do them) It took forever. Haven't figured out how to make it easier. Before NA, I could direct it to the Kontakt folder and it was all good. I have more than 150 libraries.

You have to be careful on the Komplete/NI libraries that can be downloaded from their site because if you don't get that little spot that gives the option to locate, it will re-download. If someone knows an easier way to do it, I would also be interested.

Top Bottom