Eastwest Hollywood solo instruments compared to others.

JPQ

Eastwest Hollywood solo instruments compared to others. is better use Vienna Synchronized Special edition solo strings and harp with Hollywood Orchestra i mean is even these better ? and i you recommend to Solo Violin,Solo Cello and Solo Harp. easy use stuff i mean.(mean maybe not big amouint articulations but good tone). i understand many people says Hollywood Winds and Hollywood Harp,Solo Violin and Solo Cello are not so good.

Wolfie2112

Personally, I think they are mediocre. I LOVE Hollywood Strings/Perc/Brass.....but could never get the solo instruments to sound convincing. I think the EW Symphonic Orchestra solo strings are better, even without legato.

John Longley

Surly and Charitable
I don't mind the harp, I never use the cello or violin, they just don't compete for me. I love HS generally.

Robert_G

HW solo strings is some of the worst of what EW has to offer. There is no comparing them to JV or EV/EC or Tina ....etc. its like comparing peewee hockey to the NHL.

The harp is acceptable. The rest are garbage.

kessel

wagakki-electro-otaku
I also prefer to use their stuff for ensembles and tracks that aren't too much in front of the mix and don't require too much work on articulations.

They just sound very artificial as soon as you start needing a little bit more than just a background choir or string ensemble, but for that kind of simple things you can surely use them.

Alfeus Aditya

Yeah.. There is nothing special about the HW Solo Cello sound. Have a lot of articulation but not consistent. But t's actually not the bad either.. this can be a great item if you are patient and good at programming it.
For solo cello, I love Tina Guo Cello V1 by Cinesamples, but there are times when this library is too emotional for me.

Maybe this is one of the best demonstration videos for HW Solo Cello and HW Harp:

And here is I using HW Solo Cello for my piano tutorial.. I programmed it quickly, the results should be better than this. There are parts where it should be smoother and there are some parts I forget the marcato part.. Please check for yourself

OP
J

JPQ

HW solo strings is some of the worst of what EW has to offer. There is no comparing them to JV or EV/EC or Tina ....etc. its like comparing peewee hockey to the NHL.

The harp is acceptable. The rest are garbage.
what you recommend for harp for then?

OP
J

JPQ

i must look more embertone strings and some others but harp are area what i dont know much. and what mix well others. saddly there is not much possiblity for trials for samplelibraries. and many things dont sound music what i want wrote. this piano and cello piece is one area what i like single solo string and piano. but many kind ideas actually is hard know what get when buying is so pricey even today.

Mike Fox

Thrtead is about what is better if someone says there is better than i want know what is best.
Sure. Here are my recommendations...

ProjectSAM - Concert Harp
Cinesamples -Cineharps, Tina Guo Cello
CInematic Studio Series - CSSS (solo violin)

Cinesamples also has a new solo violin library that looks promising.

The solo instruments in Nucleus are also supposed to be outstanding.

kessel

wagakki-electro-otaku
Thrtead is about what is better if someone says there is better than i want know what is best.
For me personally the best choice is LA Scoring Strings First Chairs, I personally like how they sound though the user interface could need some upgrade.

I also like embertone's intimate strings but they're sometimes a little bit hard to keep under control