What's new

EastWest Hollywood Choirs

Good Morning Boys and girls,
As I was reminded that my comment wasn´t that nice, I apologize for calling eastwest in public a self cock sucking company. And before someone asked: Nobody told me, but I feel so. But let me tell you:

This product as it seems to me is a far cry from their glorious times doing products like Hollywood strings and brass
First I meant the "Trailer" not the "Tutorial" video, but in this trailer you can see two things: First they dump down competitors products, in particular they say this: "Are you tired of using choir libraries using the same boring latin phrases?" Yeah, than come to eastwest with their nice boring complicated worldbuilder bullshit where your words will sound like a person talking through a microphone of an analphabet chimpanzee. Come one..eastwest..really..and then they say that with that obnoxious trailervoice "YOUUUU NEEEEED SOM! MAAAGIC!!!" Oh boy...I felt like thrown into a Michael Bay Transformers movie at that point already. What a degredation at its best.
Next self boast cocky thing: Type in ANY Word (someone please try out that phrase: "Eastwest is talking chimpanzee" and it will be sung by a blockbuster choir. rofl..and then you see the guy doing this chord while he tries to act soo surprised..like he has a moment with GOD. Wow..What a bullshit. And What they are saying in their chimpanzee phonetics, I can´t understand you dudes. Even a parrot would talk better words. So I would hire a parrot choir. But anyways you are epic blockbuster choirs so you dissapear in the background.
What is that bullshit? I remember back in 2011 they had serious videos for professionals, AND serious demos. I did listen through the demos and got some laugh, sorry to say..where are the demo qualities of a bergersen? Don´t get me wrong the demos are ok..but nothing more, the choir sound at best ok. The arrangement in the demos don´t sound like professional composers for me. But it is enough for 14 year old aspiring trailer composer to belief that this mediocre product will let them be the next wannabe Hansboy. This whole thing is in my opinion a sign that eastwest either has lost perspective or really don´t know what excellent competitive products are on the market.
I tell you something: I would choose most other choir over this product not only because it doesn´t feel like magic, revolutionary and blabla, but simply I don´t like companies which advertise their own product and start this by letting people know how shitty other competitors products are. And that virtual reality helmet is the most laughable part of that video..it is so laughable..man I can stop.:rofl: So for me this whole thing has so no style, no manneers and it is where I say to EW: F**** Y..!..:2thumbs:with your shitty magic chimpansee quik quak super choir from Hollywood recorded at the edge of ridiculousness. I go and look somewhere else.

Thank you!

**** This is just my opinion ****

Last edited:
Agreed. I'm not questioning Caleb's ability, but maybe it's a new library and he did something wrong

Yeah maybe I did. I'm thinking my install might be bugged.

This is what I did: I loaded up the Men's 'Ah Legato' patch but it played polyphonically unless i selected the 'other' script button which I had enabled when I played the demo I uploaded to here. Maybe I shouldn't have?

I'm hoping that I did it wrong and maybe the legato is actually better. I'll check when I get back home

Last edited:
Here it is without 'other' clicked which I don't think I was meant too :/

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/hc-mens-legato-take-2-mp3.10671/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

• HC Men's Legato Take 2.mp3
    349.3 KB · Views: 310
The first entry of the mens vocal section in the trailer made me laugh already, sounds weak and like amateurs against the epic visuals.
The trailer is a joke, probably aimed towards teenagers who adore Michael Bay movies.
Amazing visuals that try to distract from the weak sound.
$599?

The first entry of the mens vocal section in the trailer made me laugh already, sounds weak and like amateurs against the epic visuals.
The trailer is a joke, probably aimed towards teenagers who adore Michael Bay movies.
Amazing visuals that try to distract from the weak sound.
$599?

I am still downloading it at home.
But now I am wondering whether I bother. The comments on here certainly confirm my doubts though. I pay for Composer Cloud Plus and think it’s time to cancel. Been over a year now.

Was thinking about going to Composer Cloud X as I would like to still have Ghostwriter, SD3, HOP Percussion and more than Gold for Woodwinds

UPDATE: I just cannot leave Composer Cloud Plus, there is something I have come to appreciate about the versatility of using it now.
Also HC is not the library I was worried it was, it is a high quality well recorded product that I may have only use a short while, but have no regrets of owning :)

Last edited:
Hollywood Woodwinds was my first concern, since I still feel it does not shine like Brass and Strings :(

Really like the other libraries though

But not sure I can justify £49/month anymore. Especially when the support staff member told me to own HC before Sweetwater I could always buy it myself so I am not bothered about it being purchasable for others before Composer Cloud subscribers :eek:

Last edited:

Oh I have read that
But (this is only opinion) this thread about that issue shows me that there are much deeper issues at EW than sample developing

I don’t know who was in the right with the legal stuff that happened with QL, but suing here and there just serves to confirm profit profit profit as a focus for me :(

EDIT: I have to admit, I was responding a little too emotionally here. Since I do not have the information about this, I will just sound like a moron stating these things.

As I have stated I have used EastWest products for a long time now and they are not rubbish or low quality from my experience.

Okay, I admit I did sound like a moron and I will be the first to admit it ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, I have no interest in the legal stuff, just agreeing that the sense of concern started around that time with the rocky release of HOW and that apparent falling out.

And just before I forget it: to advertize a product by saying this new choir would have "better singers" isn´t really nice. These "worse" singers of the past that were recorded for Symphonic Choirs were part of a very successful product and helped to generate a big profit for the company. But thank god the recorded singers are far better now. Makes me feel a little bit confused and if I would have been one of these singers from Symphonic Choirs, I would even feel quite disturbed and angry reading that.

Please somebody tell me East West are being ironic with this new trailer. At first I was sure it was either a mediocre SNL sketch, or a new promo for Toast of London. And sorry... Better Singers? Umm, i think all we need do is load up the Women Vowels Epic Ah patch, crank up CC1 and play a G2 to answer that one. I mean, i'm all for Spitfire's philosophy of "loose" performances, but East West are taking it to a whole new level here.

Just skipped through the demos. Wow, this sounds embarrassing. What's up with all the attacks? Also the transitions sound very unnatural to my ears.

That trailer is a prime example of vicarious shame...Michael Bay's movie trailers are Oscar material compared to this.
And notice how the 'actor' just types in the words in normal English instead of Votox...
I can't understand how a company with such a great history can release a product in this way.

Top Bottom