What's new

EastWest 50% off MSRP

jrrshop

Purveyors of musical dreams fulfilled
EastWest 50% off MSRP, including the lowest price ever on Hollywood Choirs Diamond:

https://www.jrrshop.com/computer-software?dir=asc&limit=54&manufacturer=129&order=name&sale=1

EastWest Fab Four $199.50
EastWest Ghostwriter $199.50
EastWest Goliath $199.50
EastWest Gypsy $199.50
EastWest Hollywood Brass Gold $132.50
EastWest Hollywood Brass Silver $66
EastWest Hollywood Choirs Diamond $399.50
EastWest Hollywood Choirs Gold $332.50
EastWest Hollywood Orchestra + Solo Instruments Series Gold $532.50
EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Gold $332.50
EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Silver $199.50
EastWest Hollywood Orchestral Percussion Gold $132.50
EastWest Hollywood Orchestral Percussion Silver $66
EastWest Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Gold $132.50
EastWest Hollywood Orchestral Woodwinds Silver $66
EastWest Hollywood Solo Cello Gold $99.50
EastWest Hollywood Solo Harp Gold $99.50
EastWest Hollywood Solo Series Bundle Gold Edition $265
EastWest Hollywood Solo Violin Gold $99.50
EastWest Hollywood Strings Gold $132.50
EastWest Hollywood Strings Silver $66
EastWest MIDI Guitar Series Bundle $497.50
EastWest MIDI Guitar Series Vol 1: Orchestra $99.50
EastWest MIDI Guitar Series Vol 2: Ethnic and Voices $99.50
EastWest MIDI Guitar Series Vol 3: Soundscapes $99.50
EastWest MIDI Guitar Series Vol 4: Guitar and Bass $99.50
EastWest MIDI Guitar Series Vol 5: Keyboards and Percussion $99.50
EastWest Ministry of Rock $199.50
EastWest Ministry of Rock 2 $199.50
EastWest Pianos Bechstein Silver $66
EastWest Pianos Bosendorfer Silver $66
EastWest Pianos Gold $199.50
EastWest Pianos Steinway D Silver $66
EastWest Pianos Yamaha C7 Silver $66
EastWest ProDrummer Volume 1 & 2 Mark Spike Stent Joe Chicarelli $165
EastWest ProDrummer Volume 1 Mark "Spike" Stent $99.50
EastWest ProDrummer Volume 2 Joe Chiccarelli $99.50
EastWest RA $199.50
EastWest SD2 Stormdrum 2 $199.50
EastWest SD2 Stormdrum 2 Pro Bundle $232.50
EastWest SD3 Stormdrum 3 $199.50
EastWest Silk $199.50
EastWest Spaces Reverb Plugin $132.50
EastWest Symphonic Choirs Bundle with Vota $232.50
EastWest Symphonic Choirs Gold $199.50
EastWest Symphonic Orchestra Gold $265
EastWest Symphonic Orchestra Silver $132.50
EastWest The Dark Side $199.50
EastWest Voices of Passion $199.50
EastWest Voices Of The Empire $199.50

A quick question: when it says ''License Only'', this means this would be an additional licence? And not a licence for downloading the product?

A quick question: when it says ''License Only'', this means this would be an additional licence? And not a licence for downloading the product?

its a license and you can redeem that one in east west installation center and download your product from there. i guess they mention it because in the past some of those products were available as a physical box.

Is the HO Gold to Diamond upgrade price discounted too?

Best,

Geoff

upgrade from gold to diamond is 317 at the east west site. i never got their pricing on updates tbh.

i wanted to purchase hollywood percussion gold first to see if i like it and then probably later upgrade to diamond, but i pay quite a bit more that way. so i pass for now and will purchase diamond on black friday or something.

I’d definitely be interested in upgrading my Hollywood brass gold to diamond but on “sale” they want $15 less than they want from someone buying diamond with no upgrade. The regular upgrade price is also the same as the full price for diamond for a new user. Doesn’t make much sense.

I’d definitely be interested in upgrading my Hollywood brass gold to diamond but on “sale” they want $15 less than they want from someone buying diamond with no upgrade. The regular upgrade price is also the same as the full price for diamond for a new user. Doesn’t make much sense.

I believe they recently raised the upgrade price on HO. It used to be $250 to upgrade from Gold. Not sure where their minds are.

Still pretty much in love with both Hollywood Orchestra Gold as well as Hollywood Orchestra Diamond. Different sizes for different uses.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Hollywood Orchestra Gold sale, but I'm curious what kind of performance I'll get with my 2014 MacBook Pro (4-core 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD) running LPX? Will the EW Play engine quickly bring it to its knees? What kind of HO Gold track count can I expect with a MBP configuration like this (no slaves, no VEP)? Anybody out there running something like this?

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Hollywood Orchestra Gold sale, but I'm curious what kind of performance I'll get with my 2014 MacBook Pro (4-core 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD) running LPX? Will the EW Play engine quickly bring it to its knees? What kind of HO Gold track count can I expect with a MBP configuration like this (no slaves, no VEP)? Anybody out there running something like this?

I run HO Gold on the 2013 model, it's awesome. I usually load about 40 tracks....with a blend of EW Play, Kontakt, Omnisphere, etc. I only load what I'm going to use for orchestral work, I'm not one of those who load up a plethora of string articulations into a template (and I don't use the powerful system patches from Hollywood Strings). I would highly advise on getting an external SSD for hosting the libraries though; you may be successful with the internal (give it a try), but it's not ideal. I'm hosting mine on a Samsung T5 connected to USB3, and other third party VI's on a Lacie 7200rpm. If you set Play to steam, and not load everything into Ram, you'll be fine. Also, an audio interface is beneficial for HO Gold. If you run a slave machine (which I do occasionally), the sky is the limit for track counts, which is pretty much limited by your Ram on the slave.

However, if your goal is to load up 100+ patches from HO Gold, your MacBook simply can't handle it with only 16GB Ram.

I run HO Gold on the 2013 model, it's awesome. I usually load about 40 tracks....with a blend of EW Play, Kontakt, Omnisphere, etc. I only load what I'm going to use for orchestral work, I'm not one of those who load up a plethora of string articulations into a template (and I don't use the powerful system patches from Hollywood Strings). I would highly advise on getting an external SSD for hosting the libraries though; you may be successful with the internal (give it a try), but it's not ideal. I'm hosting mine on a Samsung T5 connected to USB3, and other third party VI's on a Lacie 7200rpm. If you set Play to steam, and not load everything into Ram, you'll be fine. Also, an audio interface is beneficial for HO Gold. If you run a slave machine (which I do occasionally), the sky is the limit for track counts, which is pretty much limited by your Ram on the slave.

However, if your goal is to load up 100+ patches from HO Gold, your MacBook simply can't handle it with only 16GB Ram.
Thanks Wolfie! Your template approach/size is very similar to mine, so I appreciate you sharing your experience and advice. Very helpful. Thanks again!

EW doesn't put the upgrades on sale, as far as I've ever seen. And? You are probably better off buying the full version. Then you have more licenses to spread around.

The 50% is off the MSRP - but none of the retailers I know actually charge the MSRP. HO Gold is $279.30 with the "Group" discount code at JRRshop. So really, more than 50% off.

I'm thinking of the EWSO Gold at $222.60 for my laptop. It can't really handle the HO Diamond, and I hear good things about it. :)

What is missing since ever, is a kind of „complete your orchestra“ upgrade path... so let‘s say I bought strings and brass some time ago (for the price where you can get the whole party nowadays...), and want to have the full package. Now there is zero reflection of your buying history in this regards... :emoji_cry:

What is missing since ever, is a kind of „complete your orchestra“ upgrade path... so let‘s say I bought strings and brass some time ago (for the price where you can get the whole party nowadays...), and want to have the full package. Now there is zero reflection of your buying history in this regards... :emoji_cry:
Yes. They have no problem selling new products at great prices, but if there are upgrades available? They really aren't worth buying.

Like when I bought Spaces 2 upgrade for more than I paid for Spaces 1on sale. Shouldn't an upgrade save money?

Top Bottom