Easiest way to migrate from Cubase to Nuendo

Discussion in 'Your DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)' started by peksi, Mar 14, 2019 at 6:20 AM.

1. peksi

peksi Active Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Had a chance to update to Nuendo so I went ahead and did it.

I did not see any Steinberg document about moving from Cubase to Nuendo. I've got a ton of plugins and I was hoping there would be a Steinberg supported way to bring my Cubase environment to Nuendo as in a "import your Cubase settings" button in Nuendo.

Any help and hint appreciated. How did you guys do it?

Due to Steinberg sale I have a feeling I am not the only one with this question :)

2. stigc56

stigc56 Active Member

May 14, 2009
    I think you just opens a Cubase template or song in Nuendo, and then you go ahead. I have Nuendo 8, and that was the way I did it.

3. OP
    OP
    peksi

peksi Active Member

Aug 6, 2013
  4. stigc56

stigc56 Active Member

May 14, 2009
    I installed Nuendo, opened a song created in Cubase, and it worked fine. A template on around 700 tracks. There is one or two features I missed in Nuendo - but I can't remember which! Now I use Cubase 10 all the time, due to it's improved display on a 4k monitor. I didn't experienced any performance improvements in Nuendo. This can of course change when Nuendo 9 or 10 are released.

5. ChazC

ChazC Cryogenically frozen in 1986 and just thawed out

Jun 8, 2015
    Melbourne
    @peksi Use the User Profiles option. Save your user profile in Cubase (you didn’t say which version of Cubase you had so you may not have it) then just select that as your User Profile in Nuendo. Job done.

If you don’t have User Profiles (introduced in C8/9 IIRC) I *think* you can copy some of your settings .xml files from your C:/users/[yourname]/app data/roaming/Steinberg/[cubase version] to your [Nuendo version].

Double check on the Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo forums which .xml files to copy - I know for a fact there’s a few threads on there about what you’re asking as I did exactly that when my settings didn’t copy over between a Cubase update. I just used User Profiles when I moved to Nuendo.

6. OP
    OP
    peksi

peksi Active Member

Aug 6, 2013
    I will check, thanks a lot for the advice! Using Cubase 9.5 here.

ChazC likes this.