What's new

Earth - Hollywood Strings Diamond, Cinewinds & Cinebrass

It's nice to hear HW instruments and Cinesamples work together nicely :)

Did you have to do anything fancy with the reverb settings, etc?

I have turned off all the vst instrument's built-in reverbs, and have only used B2 reverb from 2C audio, I have mainly inspired myself by the settings of the mixing walkthrough posted by Blakus on youtube. It was helpful for me.

I have turned off all the vst instrument's built-in reverbs, and have only used B2 reverb from 2C audio, I have mainly inspired myself by the settings of the mixing walkthrough posted by Blakus on youtube. It was helpful for me.

Good, I never used built-in reverb to be honest, I try to find particular one(s) that work for the situation. Nice piece, again :)

Very nice work especially your mix and those initial bass synth rhythms. I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism?

At 0:46 I feel the music is switching from "setting the stage" mode to "building up" mode. Some more elements could be added here to push the momentum forward, like additional percussion beds, moving towards the epic statement at 1:24. It doesn't have to be full blown Epic percussion, but just have the percussion section building up together with the orchestra towards 1:24.

There is a tasty mediant-modulation gear change that you pull off at 1:04, but I wonder if you might want to hold on and use it instead within your "epic statement" section instead. It's really the sort of device used when the whole orchestra is blasting and the only way to up things even more is that sudden gear change.

Overall I enjoyed the piece very much. 2:40 to the end is gorgeous. You make Cinebrass and HWS sound quite nice together :)

Great mix, and the orchestration works really well to establish that serene yet inspirational mood. I'd recommend putting more focus on dynamics - they're what really make virtual instruments really breathe.

I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism?
Thank you for your remarks. Of course, every constructive criticism is very appreciated.
Yes, the add of orchestral percussions towards the epic statement would have been a good thing and perhaps also a timpani roll with the cymbal before 1:24.
My main issue when I compose (and I suppose for all composers) is to avoid that the listener get bored. And for me, at 1:30, there a lack of interest at this moment. Perhap's a change would have been opportune but I haven't know how to manage it. So, that is. Thank you again for listening.

Great mix, and the orchestration works really well to establish that serene yet inspirational mood. I'd recommend putting more focus on dynamics - they're what really make virtual instruments really breathe.
I'm glad you like 'Earth' and the mix. Yes, I have spend many time on the different controllers, especially CC1 modulation and expression. I'm agree with you that it is the point to not overlook. I will try to pay more attention to this point in my future works.

Top Bottom