What's new

Dynamic EQs: any recommendation?

bx_ digital V3 does well for me. Just not convinced to spend waaaay more despite Pro-Q3 being fine choice.

Fabfilter Q3 too here.
I didn’t benchmark it to competitors though.
But it does the job and I never felt limited with it.
I’m pretty sure it can work in M/S too.

Fabfilter Q3 too here.
I didn’t benchmark it to competitors though.
But it does the job and I never felt limited with it.
I’m pretty sure it can work in M/S too.

It absolutely can do m/s. You can mix static with dynamic with m/s all at once if you want. Fabfilter Pro-Q3 just makes EQing almost too easy. I highly recommend their Mastering bundle so you get Q3, C2 and L2 (plus MB, which sort of collects dust on my shelf but came for "free" vs buying those others individually). I bought the bundle for $395 new, but I've seen it less expensive a couple times since during various sales.

EDIT: OP, have you considered using compression and EQ separately? Or trying a multiband compressor/expander?

Last edited:
I've been using Pro-Q and Dynamic EQ. Either I use those or just put a multiband compressor. Also for noise - multiband gate can do the trick

+1 for ProQ3. It doesn't have attack and release but honestly the way it does it is super transparent and well implemented, and this EQ just saves you time because of the great UI

The best one I ever used was Sonalksis DQ1. The next best one i use is Izotope Ozone. My current go to.
Clarification: Ozone is not an EQ. It's an entire mastering suite which contains an EQ (and two "EQ modules," whatever that means).

Similarly, Neutron is a mixing suite which also contains an EQ. Can't speak to the diffs or how they stack up though.

And I like Nova just fine. So there. :)

Clarification: Ozone is not an EQ. It's an entire mastering suite which contains an EQ (and two "EQ modules," whatever that means).

Similarly, Neutron is a mixing suite which also contains an EQ. Can't speak to the diffs or how they stack up though.

And I like Nova just fine. So there. :)
Okay.

Ozone is a mastering suite and they also have individual plugins if you get the Advance version (the modules can be used as separate plugins in the advanced version.)

It has a dynamic EQ. So don't know what you are trying to get at.

Kind of an odd retort you made there. I have nothing against Nova. Never heard of it. I'm sure it's fine.

Ah, Tokyo Dawn. Man I use to love their free compressor and EQ back in the day. They were like magic glue across the stereo buss. I'll definitely check out Nova.

Tokyo Dawn's got a nice free option for sure, personal favorite 'paid' plugins, (in no order), are Pro-Q3, Neutron and Ozone Advanced.

Okay.

Ozone is a mastering suite and they also have individual plugins if you get the Advance version (the modules can be used as separate plugins in the advanced version.)

It has a dynamic EQ. So don't know what you are trying to get at.

Kind of an odd retort you made there. I have nothing against Nova. Never heard of it. I'm sure it's fine.
No idea why you're getting in a snit; it was not a "retort" or implying anything against Ozone. Again just a clarification, and hardly an odd one. If the OP is looking for an EQ, that's a lot to pay for one...but that's because it's much more than simply an EQ, that's all. Might be overkill for him (or if he's interested in a mastering suite of tools, might be something to consider, but that's getting off topic).

Top Bottom