What's new

Dune (the synth) is pretty awesome.

Yeah after watching some demos, tutorials, demoing it myself... the workflow is a little difficult to get into for now but WOW that sound :emoji_sweat_smile:
That being said, anyone have any nice skins for Dune?
These are 'Huge' size skins for Dune 3.5 which are free. Dune 3.5 Skins (Size: Huge) You can find slightly modified skins in a thread over on KVRs forums which are in 'Large' and 'Medium' sizes if these are too big for your screen.

Yeah after watching some demos, tutorials, demoing it myself... the workflow is a little difficult to get into for now but WOW that sound :emoji_sweat_smile:
That being said, anyone have any nice skins for Dune?

W.I.P.

Capture.png

Variations on a theme. Remixes of the default stock Dune 3 skins and also some by Intrancer. 100 hours clocked and 150 skins knocked up so far. These two are ones I'm rather fond of as I'm just doing this for myself, but I'm happy to share if people like. I've not had a chance to make any music yet. Just want to get some nice skins made up first (only bought it a few days ago). Dune 3 really lends itself to that. Shame not to take advantage of it. Surprised there aren't more of them. Could only find 2 to buy, Glacier White by sT and Duneton.

Capture2.png

I also bought Obsession in the sale. But the one that's really knocked me out sound wise (and I made a whole DnB track with it), is Hydra. I think it's an update to the older Junglist synth (that you can download free now), cost me less than £20! Lovely big GUI and a sound engine with some serious clarity and heft, also very warm and present. Even got a 32bit version as well. You need to get that if you are picking Dune 3 up at that price. Been waiting a long time for this one.

As for skinning Dune, I may do a proper skin later on when I get to grips with it a bit more. It's making a lot of sense so far and I've just started to play about with the config.ini file. I only started it cause I didn't like those wooden sidebar panels, and it sort of drifted from there...

Oh, there are another couple of skins, cost me a fiver. DNA Labs, Kodeine and Slatt.

I also got a not bad for a fiver sound set of 50 presets that come with the skin. Haven't really dived in so far but sounds OK for modern dance music kind of stuff. Ymmv. The two skins and soundset were on sale. There isn't a large version of their skins though, just the standard size, so beware of that. I'm working only on Large sizes of the skin so far (as you can probably see from the screen shots).

I'm a few days in and getting more and more amazed of the workflow and the sound!

I'm a bit surprised of how much I miss the visual feedback from Vital (don't have Serum) of what's happening the the waveforms etc when modulated, but Dune feels like a totally different beast so it's just another workflow, and using one's ears should always be the first priority. :)

Compared some similar patches in Zebra and Dune. Did a bit of EQ matching. Zebra sounded more vibey to me. So no purchase this time. Still looking forward to what people who bought the synth during this sale have to say after a while though (particularly those who also own Zebra).

Yes, by the looks of things.

Resale.png
Thanks, I ended up passing on it. In the end it's all about whether I'd get much use out of it, not about the price. Also, $76 would do more for my other hobbies than for my music, which is already saturated with great VIs and synths. Was tempting though!

Getting the same error in Brave. Switched to Waterfox and it worked for me.
I have been having more problems with Brave on various websites over the last several months,something changed.My love affair with Brave as my primary browser is coming to an end. Recently I have been using Opera whenever I encounter Brave interacting weirdly on various websites and it’s been flawless.

Top Bottom