Dummy question about MIDI usb interface and ASIO

OP
C.R. Rivera

C.R. Rivera

Popper @ his favorite toy.
The i7 3700 series CPUs are fine.
My only advice would have been the quality of cables.
Sounds silly but I use USB Powered Monitors when I perform, Display Port drivers were new and I bought 3 x different USB Cables before I got these working.
Length of the cable also makes a difference.
Cables 2 Go ALWAYS carries the most options and seems to know their product line.
I would go into your Device Manager and disable any USB Ports your not using.
I used MAudio USB to power the controller and MIDI for MIDI.
I could still power the MAudio unit but MIDI wouldn’t work.
So this allowed me to disable most ports as they would still power low bandwidth devices, saving the Enabled Port(s) for MIDI.
This is definitely a bandwidth issue involving too many devices or less than adequate devices. Going from USB 2 to USB 3 proves this.

Have fun Squid..

This is also a good place for USB Relays, adapters and cables.
https://www.showmecables.com/
I checked the specs for the motherboard, and wow 14 usb/ports, 8 external usb2 rear, 4 external usb2 front, 2 usb3 rear, plus 1 esata front and 3 internal usb hookups....wow, it's a good thing that I looked and good thing I upped the psu from 500 to 800. I will check the cables, thanks. And will figure out the usb power disable,.

By the way, as to squid, that is only half the story. I was born in an army hospital, saw half the world in my first decades as a dependent, joined the navy to see the other half in the next two decades. My wife does not understand why I do not want to go on a cruise anymore...

Cheers

Carlos

chimuelo

Star Of Stage & Screen
Gramps and Pops were Navy, always stop by the USS Recruit when visiting SoCal.
Uncle was Brown Water so he’s the Crawdad.

Cheerz

jpb007.uk

So I've just got myself a MIO2 to allow me to send MTC/MMC signals via MIDI from my PC running Cubase10 to my MacBook in order to trigger VideoSlave.
The problem I'm having is that whilst the Mac recognises the MIO2 USB port, my PC and Cubase do not.

I've spent a day fiddling around with iConfig and trying different settings but its always the same. Cubase's lists 3 additional MIDI ports in Transport -> Project Synchronisation Setup, but no MIO2 USB port. I've tried selecting each of these MIDI ports but every time I re-open Project Synchronisation Setup (in Cubase) the MIDI port selection is unselected.

So what am I doing wrong?
Is there a straightforward solution or alternative?

Hope someone here can help.
Thanks,
Jon

OP
C.R. Rivera

C.R. Rivera

Popper @ his favorite toy.
So I've just got myself a MIO2 to allow me to send MTC/MMC signals via MIDI from my PC running Cubase10 to my MacBook in order to trigger VideoSlave.
The problem I'm having is that whilst the Mac recognises the MIO2 USB port, my PC and Cubase do not.
Jon
Jon, iconnectivity has "new" Windows drivers, 2019, on their website so that may prove a solution. In addition, they have a supposed simpler Windows control driver, Auracle. I have not tried Auracle, but it also may prove useful. I use Reaper, and found that a number of Reaper users are unhappy with those interfaces

I found myself quite dissatisfied with the Iconnectivity folks.....they provided NULL support, did not answer my email questions to them, closed enquiries without providing ANY answer. I found that Sweetwater was much more professional, much more helpful....I give them 5 stars, and 0 stars to Iconnectivity when it comes to support.

Cheers and good luck!

Carlos