What's new

Dual line header jumping around every page

mac4d

I find the 'home icon, Forums, Members, Donations, etc' menu header and the next line menu of 'mark forums read, search forums, watched forums, etc.' header jumping around to take up room at the top no matter where on the page I've scrolled to an unneeded css feature, and somewhat annoying. My vote would be for a non-moving header that just stays in one place. One can always scroll up to it when any of those item selections are needed.

Otherwise, great forum.

Hi, sorry you're being bothered by this, but I don't really understand what you are describing? What is jumping around?

I've now discovered it only seems to jump on my ipad 2, which must be really slow by today's standards. On my mac pro, the headers move smooth, no lag. On ipad 2, the header doesn't move smooth, I'll scroll down, no longer see the header for maybe a second, and then it redraws over the top of the page often over something I'm about to read. I should probably just get a new ipad (gonna wait till I see what the ipad pros will be like and cost).

Although I still don't think that the menu headers taking up 80 pixels or so at the top of the page all the time is needed. When I scroll down, even on my mac, I'd rather it not follow. Right now as I type this it's covering up half of a perfectly good graphic ad!

Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 3.29.10 PM.png
Still see the above all the time. Did refresh page, no changes I can see.

Not sure getting rid of the above would be the best action, cause then how would people log in, or select items like 'latest posts.' What I suggest is to have the above two line menu header just stay in one place (at the top of page just under the 160pix or so height vi control title graphic, where it usually is when first loading a page), but then not move when one scrolls down.

Top Bottom