What's new

Drumatic Creator (and continuing something different with pricing)

Sounds great ! Is it possible to use all the six snares together (in a group with panning, detune etc...) to get a snare ensemble sound ? Do you plan to make a video with more use of the snares ? Thanks

Thanks!

Yes! You can do that. In fact, each group/ensemble can hold up to nine drums. So you can double up a few of the six snares in the same group and to have nine (each can be independently panned and pitched, you can re-pitch the entire ensemble of snare en masse, and you can us the "Unity" control to make them play tight or loose.

Looking forward to this. I came relatively late into the InSession Family via Taiko Creator. My only wish is at some point (and probably it is a Kontakt limitation?) that when I create groups it only colours the keys that I actually have samples loaded on.
rsp
Hey RSP! Thanks buddy!

I hear where you're coming from on the key color thing and how that would be useful. Perhaps this is something we can add in when we release the Expansion for Drumatic Creator.

Do you plan to make a video with more use of the snares ? Thanks

Hello again. I just did a quick-and-dirty example for one group of snares.
As I described (and is shown) you can double up on some snares to get a group as large as nine.
(and if you wanted/needed, you can create multiple snare ensembles and/or soloists on different keys).

Slightly off-topic, but I'm a little confused by the product offerings - So Taiko expansions are only available when purchasing the EXP bundle, which includes Drumatic? There's no Taiko + Expansions only bundle? And same for the original Riff Generation, it's only available in the bundle with all other RG products/expansions, but not by itself?

Last edited:
Slightly off-topic, but I'm a little confused by the product offerings - So Taiko expansions are only available when purchasing the EXP bundle, which includes Drumatic? There's no Taiko + Expansions only bundle? And same for the original Riff Generation, it's only available in the bundle with all other RG products/expansions, but not by itself?

Hey there! At present what you've written is kind of true. And actually, I think we can/need to add a 4th option for "Taiko Creator with the Expansions" only (actually, as a temporary work-around: if you add the Creator bundle to the cart you can then "x"/remove Drumatic and you're left with Taiko Creator with the Expansions. You can use a similar approach with the Riff Generation bundle).

Thanks!

As I described (and is shown) you can double up on some snares to get a group as large as nine.
(and if you wanted/needed, you can create multiple snare ensembles and/or soloists on different keys).

Thanks Kyle and "cross fingers" for this great product.

Sounds great, exactly what I wanted, for me it's sold !

This is really an excellent product. I've had a tremendous amount of fun going through the presets and midi examples. There is really huge variety of well-recorded drums. The work-flow is a bit different from what I've used so far, but it seems pretty intuitive.

This looks very interesting. I hadn't heard of your company before, but Shimmer Shake Strike looks very clever and intuitive as well! The Fluid Strike recordings also sounds phenomenal - well done!

This looks very interesting. I hadn't heard of your company before, but Shimmer Shake Strike looks very clever and intuitive as well! The Fluid Strike recordings also sounds phenomenal - well done!
Hey thanks! We're probably not as "ever present" because we only put one (or two) things out a year. But thank you for checking things out.

I caved in and used the 4 for 3 (taiko, drumatic, shimmer and fluid harmonics)

Great libraries all, I have used them today for a urgent gig and they we´re just what I needed.

Please consider a ethnic library next, and a big boom one maybe, you will have all percussion covered

I caved in and used the 4 for 3 (taiko, drumatic, shimmer and fluid harmonics)

Great libraries all, I have used them today for a urgent gig and they we´re just what I needed.

Thank you SO MUCH Pablo.

Please consider a ethnic library next, and a big boom one maybe, you will have all percussion covered

Yes! The recording session for Drumatic Creator was also for a "world" drum collection coming in the future.

Thank you again!

So I've watched the videos and read through this forum thread and I'm still not sure if this plays ONLY MIDI performances or if can you manually play the drums with a MIDI controller (one shots)?

So I've watched the videos and read through this forum thread and I'm still not sure if this plays ONLY MIDI performances or if can you manually play the drums with a MIDI controller (one shots)?
Yes you can play the drums.
Watch the coloured keys in Kontakt (in the video a midi sequence from the DAW seems to trigger the drums, but you can also play them on the keyboard or other midi devices yourself.)

Top Bottom