What's new

Drum Fury and/or Rhapsody Orchestral Percussion

sostenuto

AKA _ doubtingtom37
Always toughie for Keyboardist wanting to improve Perc tool box …. yet avoid massive overlap /duplication.
This 'new' offering comes tight in early days of notable promo for the other. Will be great to know experienced percussionists' view of these two, as well as most notable alternatives.

( fwiw __ now using LADD, NI_Symphony Essentials Perc, NI_K5 Fact Lib )

Thank you for the thread @sostenuto ! :)
I was wondering exactly the same.

It seems that drum fury might be more than just epic drums. From what I can see it covers quite much of regular orchestral percussion.

The problem for any comparison might be drum fury was announced today ;)

Any specifics you're looking for in a perc library?

Thoughts on Damage or Master Sessions by Heavyocity?

Do you have Albion One?

Cheers!

Mainly trying to keep current for varied, daily needs.
Have Damage and considered Master Sessions several times. My bad passing on last major Promo.
Have Albion ONE (forgot to include above).

Assuming capable Percussionists can get for more mileage from existing content. :blush:

First pass of vids, and Drum Fury I/F seems very easy and versatile. Emphasis on 'Fury'.
Rhapsody Orch Perc at $50. remains strong for now. Staying open to new impressions.

I saw in the commercial thread some of the fellow members already got it.

There is a chance we may avoid comparison to bongos only and actually get some according to request :)

HACK ALERT!!!

I've just discovered an amazing hack where you can get BOTH Rhapsody and Drum Fury for $130 - a $20 saving over and above the current discounts. The process is a little bit long winded but bear with me.

Step 1 - Buy Rhapsody for $49.99 from HERE which will also earn you $25 in reward money.

Step 2 - Go to APD Shop HERE and redeem the max amount of the reward money ($20) on a $50 Sample Logic gift certificate. Pay the $30 remainder.

Step 3 - Purchase Drum Fury HERE using your $50 gift certificate. Pay the $49.99 remainder.

End Result : $49.99 (Rhapsody) + $30 (gift certificate) + $49.99 (Drum Fury) = $129.98 Total

Shoot me questions if you have any problems with the above process. As far as I know it should work.

So I listened to the run through. It sounds really good. But I have most of those drums in multiple forms from multiple sample companies. Though if you didn't buy all those 8Dio drum libraries like I did, this is probably a good way to get them all - especially using Reuben's suggestion. I always forget I can buy gift cards with my APD $ that are piling up.

So I listened to the run through. It sounds really good. But I have most of those drums in multiple forms from multiple sample companies. Though if you didn't buy all those 8Dio drum libraries like I did, this is probably a good way to get them all - especially using Reuben's suggestion. I always forget I can buy gift cards with my APD $ that are piling up.

Glad I could help. A couple of people contacted me on facebook after using my hack above and it all seems to be working for them. Hooray!

@ JonSolo posted this on COMMERCIAL Thread ……..

"I do not regret it (I have all Stormdrum libs, Hollywood Perc, Albions and MAs, In Session Audio stuff, Soundiron Apoc, everything that comes with Komplete Ultimate Collectors, and some misc stuff such as 8dio). It has some things I didn't have, but it REALLY has that sound...I'll say it again, rich, simple and thick!

It might be one of the best percussion deals out there. I saw the Impact Soundworks deal but this had more variety and a heavier sound. The sound can be adjusted obviously to fit your needs. Great spaces used in the sampling process as well."

I have few of these many perc libs, plus LADD, and now feeling better about adding Drum Fury with minimal duplication/overlap. :cautious:

Last edited:
Just noticed there's another option too for a discount...

The Drum Fury 50% offer is still valid for the next few hours HERE plus I've just realised you could use the old code fb0412 to knock another $10 off. Bargain!

Last edited:
SO can we use both the Sample logic gift certificate (from Audio plugin deals) and the code fb0412 in the same transaction at the Sample logic checkout?

I think you can, yes - but don't tell them that I told you. Report back and let me know.

Got me !!!! :rofl: Downloading now. Think I'm covered for Percs now for at least a fortnight ? :P

Hey! Sure there's not anther Code ? :roflmao:

Last edited:
Top Bottom