What's new

Dorico and Note Performer - Tombeau de Couperin

Rob

Dorico has an advantage over Finale as far as NP is concerned, in that it can export separate stems for each instrument. Easy to import in Cubase and slightly refine the mix... so what I've done is import an xml file of this beautiful piece by M. Ravel, which contained all the dynamics, slurs etc., let Note Performer load all the instruments, export the audio, load in Cubase, adjust pan and levels, little eq corrections here and there, some Dragonfly reverb (Medium Clear Hall) and again exported the audio. Total time 40 minutes. One could really go and edit more in detail, but I have no time, and maybe that is not even the point of NP.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/tombeaunp-dorico-mp3.18420/][/AUDIOPLUS]

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Rob

Rob

So is NotePerformer still playing the instruments inside Cubase or are you using another library?
It's Note Performer's output, no extra library, but I've imported the audio stems in Cubase to adjust the mix in an environment I feel more confortable in. Not that I've done much, just pan, reverb and a touch of eq...

SimonCharlesHanna

Dorico has an advantage over Finale as far as NP is concerned, in that it can export separate stems for each instrument. Easy to import in Cubase and slightly refine the mix... so what I've done is import an xml file of this beautiful piece by M. Ravel, which contained all the dynamics, slurs etc., let Note Performer load all the instruments, export the audio, load in Cubase, adjust pan and levels, little eq corrections here and there, some Dragonfly reverb (Medium Clear Hall) and again exported the audio. Total time 40 minutes. One could really go and edit more in detail, but I have no time, and maybe that is not even the point of NP.

[AUDIOPLUS=https://vi-control.net/community/attachments/tombeaunp-dorico-mp3.18420/][/AUDIOPLUS]
I tried learning this song on piano....what a fool.

Sounds great - Noteperformer is great software. Good Job

SimonCharlesHanna

What I find fascinating is that I didn't have to touch a control, or midi anything, everything was set by the software...
I've got a book of piano transcriptions of Ravel's music, must check if this piece is included.
Awesome - I didn't know you could export in Dorico like that!

The track is doable slow but @ the written tempo it's pretty tricky.

Top Bottom