What's new

Don't explain

Rob

stale member
a recent thread about brushed drums made me want to play a little ballad with a something that I use every now and then... so here's the piece, what drums/bass is this? and what piano, as I pulled out a library I haven't been using for a while?

Attachments

• Dontexplain.mp3
    7.4 MB · Views: 371
Very cool track. This sounds insanely authentic. I am going to guess VSL drums and stand up bass, cant guess the piano.

thank you Paul and maestro2be, drums and bass belong to the same... not exactly library, but a useful tool for building backing tracks quickly. Piano is VI Labs American grand...

Last edited:
I think drums are Terry Clarke and bass is from a jazz pack, have to check which one...

Cool! I’d love to know which one. Terry Clarke is a fellow Canadian! Hope you’re doing well in the midst of this madness. I’m stuck at home trying to figure out which sampled piano to buy (and bass and drums to jam with...) Galaxy Vintage D is gorgeous (Piet loves it) but I like what you did with the VI Labs American Grand too. Have you done any big band mockups since the great work you did with Garritan? Your Wallander Mozart mockup was beautiful too. I’m a very happy Noteperformer user but sure wish it was more jazz-friendly!

Reactions: Rob
Cool! I’d love to know which one. Terry Clarke is a fellow Canadian! Hope you’re doing well in the midst of this madness. I’m stuck at home trying to figure out which sampled piano to buy (and bass and drums to jam with...) Galaxy Vintage D is gorgeous (Piet loves it) but I like what you did with the VI Labs American Grand too. Have you done any big band mockups since the great work you did with Garritan? Your Wallander Mozart mockup was beautiful too. I’m a very happy Noteperformer user but sure wish it was more jazz-friendly!
thanks clinsl, still haven't found the time to check which pack the bass was from, sorry... for the time being, we are fine here, waiting for the curve to go down. As for the VI Labs piano, I gave it new life since I got Falcon... went inside the instrument and "Soggettized" it :)
I've done a few big or medium band pieces since those days, all of them are posted here in the Member's Compositions subforum.
As for jazz/Noteperformer, I think that's not a shortcoming of NP, but rather that jazz and notation don't go too well together.

Top Bottom