Does this work?

Discussion in 'Member's Compositions' started by sIR dORT, Jun 9, 2019.

1. sIR dORT

sIR dORT Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Got feedback that sounded like two different cues, with the first part sounding mournful and then the second sounding more adventurous/wondrous. Do you agree, or does it work?

I'm on a tight schedule as this cue needs to be finished within the next week and a half, so please don't hesitate to give feedback.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Hywel likes this.
  2. markleake

markleake Recovering sale addict

Nov 8, 2015
    Erm... they sound like two different cues to me. What is supposed to connect them?

3. Grim_Universe

Grim_Universe Active Member

It really depends on a context of usage of the piece. If the piece is used in a video where something dramatically changes, thеn yes, it kinda works. If it is a background piece which is supposed to work by itself, then no, it doesn't work. It
    should have a A->B->A1 structure then.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Henu likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    sIR dORT

sIR dORT Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Theme and similar chord structure. For awhile I thought they had the same mood, but I'm not thinking so anymore after various feedback like yours.

5. OP
    OP
    sIR dORT

sIR dORT Member

Oct 26, 2018
    Updated version, thoughts?

(Bear with some of the programming of the dynamics, legato, and tempo - they're still a work in progress)

Hywel likes this.
  6. Grim_Universe

Grim_Universe Active Member

7. aegisninja

aegisninja New Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Idk, personally I really like that first version. Totally does have a different mood, but it's also awesome imo.