What's new

Does Strezov Balkan Orchestra go on sale?

Recently looking at the Balkan Orchestra, and it sounds fantastic! While not extravagant in price, do they ever go on sale?

Any thoughts on the library itself?
Not sure about a sale (I imagine everything goes on sale with the most likely time being Black Friday). As to the library itself, I love it!
I used the Duduk for the solo instrument, the balkan women singers, and the gypsy band for the gypsy section in this track:

My only gripe is that some of the instruments have built in phrase articulations, which you can hear on the Duduk, and the gypsy violin. Obviously you can write around it and get a beautiful convincing performance, but sometimes, you just want a straight tone (you know?).

Not sure about a sale (I imagine everything goes on sale with the most likely time being Black Friday). As to the library itself, I love it!
I used the Duduk for the solo instrument, the balkan women singers, and the gypsy band for the gypsy section in this track:

My only gripe is that some of the instruments have built in phrase articulations, which you can hear on the Duduk, and the gypsy violin. Obviously you can write around it and get a beautiful convincing performance, but sometimes, you just want a straight tone (you know?).

Ah... I was afraid of that...sounded too good..lol I do not want any phrases at all...Especially the Gypsy Violin...that's one of my favorite to just play without having to work around phrases...glad you mentioned that. :)

I just checked Tigerthefrogs November sales thread from last Black Friday. Strezov were offering up to 20% off, so that's an indication.

To be honest, I'm disappointed as I'd really love to get Afflatus, Freya, Wotan and Arva, but they've always been out of my reach and 20% off is still out of range for me.

There might be better options than Strezov Strings at that price. I heard it has some issues...a few youtube videos go through them.

I used the Duduk for the solo instrument, the balkan women singers, and the gypsy band for the gypsy section in this track

Cool track, I like the brass in this library...from what I heard in the walkthrough and on your track. Are they fully playable? And is the choir/voices fully playable as well?

Cool track, I like the brass in this library...from what I heard in the walkthrough and on your track. Are they fully playable? And is the choir/voices fully playable as well?
Yes. Both of those instruments are fully playable... and awesome!
If you get the opportunity, check out their walkthrough videos. You’ll hear most of the instruments and be able to hears the ones with the recorded articulations and the straight tones. I knew it going in, so it wasn’t a surprise.
And actually, if I remember correctly you can download an instrument or two to demo... then you can really get your hands on them. That is how I knew that the Dudu, even with the recorded technique was still so super!

There are some phrases in the library (more like a bonus), but all patches are fully playable. There is however a specific performance in the legato transitions (gypsy ornaments on the trumpet, clarinet, etc) which you could disable by triggering the true legato off and this will decrease the amount of ornaments. But have in mind that there are some of these nuances in the sustains too - because we again grabbed all samples from real performances :)

Hope this helps out ..

God I wish I could get just the Choir from that library (not that the rest is bad but I just...really want that choir)

Actually after re listening to the walkthrough I just want the whole thing

Last edited:
There are some phrases in the library (more like a bonus), but all patches are fully playable. There is however a specific performance in the legato transitions (gypsy ornaments on the trumpet, clarinet, etc) which you could disable by triggering the true legato off and this will decrease the amount of ornaments. But have in mind that there are some of these nuances in the sustains too - because we again grabbed all samples from real performances :)

Hope this helps out ..
Thank you for the clarification!
I do love this library.

God I wish I could get just the Choir from that library (not that the rest is bad but I just...really want that choir)

Actually after re listening to the walkthrough I just want the whole thing
If you just wanted the choir standalone you could get a similar (bigger sounding though and more detailed) version in Strezov's Rhodope 2.

Hope this helps out ..

Yes, thanks for the reply. As long as the phrases don’t take over completely, I’m fine with it.

I was thinking that but I like the 4 person intimate sound. Might have another look into it!

The closest thing I can think of which is similar, is Vocalisa Slavic Women's choir by Impact Soundworks (sorry to mention it in this thread because I love Strezov Sampling!). But by all means get the Strezov Balkan Orchestra, it is a nice library.

Does anyone here have the Rhodope Choir library? And can tell me if there are any solo voices in it?

I think the library is quite expensive and seeing that Strezov rarely goes on sale and when they do it's for only 20% that would be a crucial information for me to decide if I buy them or not. If the Rhodope doesn't have a solo voice that would mean I should get another library and that would already mean over $500...

Top Bottom