What's new

Does NotePerformer play Deadnote for Dorico 3?

Saya

Vocaloider
currently working on Guitar scripting in Dorico.
"x" for deadnote can be input there on score, but the sound in Dorico's playback is still normal pitch which is SUPER ANNOYING.

I am wondering if there a way to have dead note properly played in Dorico? NotePerformer?

No, that doesn't work, normal notes are played.

In the Dorico manual is written that Dorico currently does not support dead notes yet, so also Note Performer can't help.

No, that doesn't work, normal notes are played.

In the Dorico manual is written that Dorico currently does not support dead notes yet, so also Note Performer can't help.

Thanks for replying! I also saw that point mentioned in Dorico manual... It says this release is planned..

Seems like I have to use some other product for this dead note playback other than Dorico for now..😭

Seems like I have to use some other product for this dead note playback other than Dorico for now..😭
Guitar pro still Supports the most artuculations/playing techniques. But doesn't sound that good.
Anything tab related I still input in Guitar Pro, way faster and easier and export as MusicXML.

Guitar pro still Supports the most artuculations/playing techniques. But doesn't sound that good.
Anything tab related I still input in Guitar Pro, way faster and easier and export as MusicXML.

yea, but seems like Guitar Pro doesn't support full score neither which makes a Dorico/classical-based user unhappy...
I guess it is just hard to find a perfect solution at current time point and Guitar Pro still seems to be the best option for guitar tab writing

Thanks again!

yea, but seems like Guitar Pro doesn't support full score neither which makes a Dorico/classical-based user unhappy...
I guess it is just hard to find a perfect solution at current time point and Guitar Pro still seems to be the best option for guitar tab writing
You're welcome.
At least in Dorico the tab is linked with the 'normal' representation, not like in other programs (Sibelius) where you have to copy the notes from and to the tab...
Which is actually one of the main reasons why I use Dorico now.

Dead notes are now mapped in the new NotePerformer 3.3.2 update. From the changelog:

"In Dorico, guitar notes set to the "dead note" technique (x notehead) are now performed as a muted note."

Last edited:
Yes, it's the same sound as palm muted notes now (not excatly right, but way better than before).
I've just remarked that Dorico doesn't play normal notes after palm muted notes anymore. Doesn't help if I'm adding a barline or other stuff after the end of the palm muting reagion

Last edited:
Top Bottom