What's new

Does anyone recognize this drum roll sample?

Manakin Skywalker

So I've heard this "bass" drum roll sample quite a bit over the years; in many video games (such as Halo: Reach and Destiny 2 most recently), and countless TV shows (mostly on the History/Discovery channels, shows such as Monster Quest).

Does anyone know where it's from? I'm under the impression it's from Spectrasonics, but I don't know for certain.

Here's a sample (ignore the cymbal):

So I've heard this "bass" drum roll sample quite a bit over the years; in many video games (such as Halo: Reach and Destiny 2 most recently), and countless TV shows (mostly on the History/Discovery channels, shows such as Monster Quest).

Does anyone know where it's from? I'm under the impression it's from Spectrasonics, but I don't know for certain.

Here's a sample (ignore the cymbal):

I think it's a one shot from Percussive Adventures 1 or 2. Will look into it later!

@DarkestShadow @charlieclouser yes, that is it! Thank you both! It's funny because I already own most EastWest products, with Percussive Adventures 1&2 being two of the only few that I've passed up.

I confess to knowing that particular sample a little too well. That one, and the bendy tympani roll sample from the same library, are on just about every score I've ever done.

Top Bottom