What's new

Do yourself another favor and discover Pete Calandra, if you haven't already.

His more recent videos benefit from much better production values, but not at the expense of the valuable content.
I really, REALLY like content providers like Pete who can do long takes, stay on topic, follow a plan, make the material accessible and absorbable. Pete can do an hour take because he is a college prof who comes prepared.

Last edited:
Pete posted that he will not be doing Inside Track vids for a while as he starts teaching 2 classes at Copeland School of Music. Because both of those classes are online he will post screencasts of them weekly and will have playlists for them. It is possible that youtube might block a screencast where he uses film clips but that is hard to predict.

Classes are Audio Midi and Film Scoring.

The width, breadth and depth of music and production topics that Pete teaches is really impressive.

"Teaches" is the key word here, Pete is an educator rather than just being a "commenter".

I have no keyboard skills but his Ballad Improvisation at 8:50 captures the melodic technique that I dream of inculcating into my music. His fingers lay it all out there for me. I just have the challenging task of capturing it.

I'm sure there's more great stuff coming in this series.

Last edited:
Dude seems like a beast. Looking forward to watching his tutorials. That's what i'm missing in my constant battle with technology. My absolute love of just learning music.

Top Bottom