What's new

Do you use any Reverb with the Albion series?

toddkedwards

Todd K. Edwards
I was just curious to see if anyone uses an additional reverb(s) with Albion I, One, II, III, IV? Or do you tend to use Albion's built in reverb?

If so, what types of reverbs do you like to use with them?

Currently in my template setup I use two reverbs for all instruments, that are sent with busses. I use two built in reverbs (Space designer, and Platinum Verb) from Logic.

It depends what i'm composing, but usually no.
I try to place my other instruments among the spitfire ones instead.

Usually not. The dry stuff of course runs through reverbs, but I mostly leave Albion alone, it's already very roomy on its own. Often I like to set up a mix between outriggers, slightly lower ambients and a touch of the trees. It acts as a very nice natural, wide and warm layer for drier samples with more definition and sculpt-ability - that's not a word ...

I don't use reverb with Albion whenever I am relying upon its own instruments for the majority of my tracks … the Ambient mic position is quite sufficient and nice in such cases. However, as of late when I am starting to blend multiple sample libraries with different characteristics for certain purposes, I tend to think that such blends are often more effective if I use only the closer, dryer Albion mic positions and then add my own reverb to both Albion and the other libraries, to put them in something approximating the same aural space. My current favorite reverb for this is the NI RC 48 (Lexicon 480 emulation).

With all of my BML I use their sound as a default to try to match my other libraries to with reverb so the only reverb I add is a small touch just to make sure everything is fitting together and in case I want a longer tail.

Top Bottom