What's new

Do You buy samples for Kontakt only ?

I don't limit myself to just Kontakt libraries, but I do generally prefer it over other sample playback engines.

Especially Best Service's ENGINE. While I love Eduardo Tarilonte's libraries, I wish they'd update the software to something that looks like it belongs in this decade.

I don't limit myself to just Kontakt libraries, but I do generally prefer it over other sample playback engines.

Especially Best Service's ENGINE. While I love Eduardo Tarilonte's libraries, I wish they'd update the software to something that looks like it belongs in this decade.
Eduardo mentioned a major update is coming. I'm guessing along with the launch of his new library?

I don't get UVI stuff at all (tried the freebies) and hated the GUI. That alone makes me not want to buy
anything UVI related.

Halion Sonic SE is just for Cubase, right? I have Cubase 10 Elements but I don't use it.

Kontakt all the way for me.

(Although I want Best Service Era II Vocal Codex and their own engine doesn't disuade me of wanting to buy it).

Halion which in my humble opinion is great platform. To me it's like combination of Omnisphere and Kontakt.

I think Omnisshere is in a class of its own full of rich quality sound's very hard to compare with it,

Anyone here uses Halion at all ?

Halion
It's a great sampler not so sure of the sounds, plus developers Don't even do library's for it, has a great engine for sound design apart from the latest one off orchestral library developed for it I think it became kind of a waste, haloin should have gone the library root years ago if they did that it may well have been up there with Kontakt.

I think Omnisshere is in a class of its own full of rich quality sound's very hard to compare with it,

Halion
It's a great sampler not so sure of the sounds, plus developers Don't even do library's for it, has a great engine for sound design apart from the latest one off orchestral library developed for it I think it became kind of a waste, haloin should have gone the library root years ago if they did that it may well have been up there with Kontakt.

I was comparing Halion and Omnisphere from tool stand point, not sound sources and presets. These are very bad in Halion for sure.

Halion Sonic SE is just for Cubase, right? I have Cubase 10 Elements but I don't use it.

No it is a VST like any other and it's free, so you don't need to buy full version of Halion to use a library like you do with Kontakt if you want to buy a library which isn't compatible with Kontakt Player.
I guess it is one of the things which makes Halion an interesting platform. All 3rd party libraries can run in Free Halion Sonic SE

No it is a VST like any other and it's free, so you don't need to buy full version of Halion to use a library like you do with Kontakt if you want to buy a library which isn't compatible with Kontakt Player.
I guess it is one of the things which makes Halion an interesting platform. All 3rd party libraries can run in Free Halion Sonic SE

I can run Free Halion in Reaper? Wow, thanks for clarifying mate.

I use Falcon, Toontrack, sometimes Easwest, sometimes Engine, often Spectrasonics... but in the end most of the time EXS, VSL and Kontakt.

i prefer kontakt. but if there is somethinggood whichgui ican imagine work nicely relative small 4k dispaly (i dont yet have but i still want think this now) i can think. like UVI guis looks such.

I'm considering Native Instruments Komplete package as one of the cornerstones of my studio. Currently I have Komplete 12 Standard. I must admit that apart from Kontakt and occasionally Reaktor and Guitar Rig I seldom use the other products from the bundle, though I'm discovering the benefits of NI effect plugins like Replika, Driver, Phasis, Choral and Flair more and more each day.

I use Kontakt 98% as the main sample player so I'm purchasing 3rd party libraries for this platform almost exclusively - even though I'm not into wrenching and its more advanced options that much. But I probably wouldn't purchase a library that use a dedicated player though I'm sure that there are some that are even more elegant for end-user than Kontakt and Kontakt Player. I like working with a limited (relatively speaking) set of tools and especially platforms.

If a player is supplied for free, it's not a problem. The only exception being Engine, for which I try to buy as few titles as possible.

If I have to purchase the full version, it is indeed an issue, since I might not be interested to purchase a new full-featured sampler that I would not use.

Paolo

I personally prefer Play as well. Kontakt is too convoluted and NI seems to not know how to many it better on the user end.

Shame Play is a closed engine. If third parties were able to develop for it, that would be amazing. Still hoping that UVI does something with Falcon to make it more competitive.

So let me add a developer perspective. We've been developing libraries for ourselves and others in Kontakt for over 10 years. Frankly until this last year the pain of moving to another platform was just too much to think about, we did at various times look at Halion, but the last Kontakt 6 update (the so called "developer tools" release) sold it for us.

As someone here mentioned Kontakt development has moved at glacial speed - in fact I'm pretty sure certain glaciers are moving faster than Kontakt development. It's a massive struggle these days (given the levels of functionality user expect from libraries) to get anything worthwhile done in Kontakt.

We will of course continue to develop Kontakt-based products for our customers but for ourselves - we plan never to do another kontakt library, instead we will be stand-alone native VST/Au from here on in.

Top Bottom