What's new

Do you believe in the supposed powers of 432hz tuning?

What is your purpose of even writing this?
I want to spare him a life as a Waldorf-and-Statler-type, grumpy philosophical zealot.

As for you, with your snake oil: One thing is "learning something new", another thing is having the figments of a confused mind be presented to you as secret wisdom from ancient times.

I want to spare him a life as a Waldorf-and-Statler-type, grumpy philosophical zealot.

As for you, with your snake oil: One thing is "learning something new", another thing is having the figments of a confused mind be presented to you as secret wisdom from ancient times.
Then simply look the other way. It is that simple. You can never force something upon someone and expect any form of willful acceptance. I haven't forced any information upon anyone here. I contributed an answer to a question that was asked. I supported my stance when questioned about it. To those that vehemently disagreed, I offered download codes for digital copies of the books for free. It isn't about money for me at all. Look at the whole Storyteller Store site. It is a "name your price" concept now. Yet, none of the naysayers took me up on it. I wouldn't expect them to.

In the end, I have always lived my life on the premise that any work of truth/wisdom/knowledge (in any medium/format - music, art, film, dance, etc) will stand the test of time and the tests of any abuse it can take. And so it will be with what I have been blessed to be able to share through these books, the Sonalkiss VI, the mobile apps, and the other platforms/mediums I have not disclosed. And I humbly must say there will be others to come that will reveal even more than I have been blessed to share so far. But a person has to first desire knowledge before it can be learned. Perhaps it may only be a glimmer of a greater truth to another's eyes. Perhaps it is completely disconnected from another's truth. It matters not. The information is there for when someone seeks it.

The greatest takeaway though, is to realize that your words will not "spare" @Quasar from being who he is, nor will your comments cause a ripple in my daily life. The fact you'd desire to alter someone and bend them to your relative viewpoint speaks volumes to your own insecurity. Perhaps that should be explored rather than raining hate on others. Love. Seriously. It sounds hippy, but it doesn't matter. That really is the point here. And if that is too difficult, then start with respect of the individuality in each and every person/plant/animal with which you cross paths. :)

Love. Seriously. It sounds hippy
Mine is tough love. Seriously. It sounds hippy, but I'd like him to have a better relationship to the rest of the world. As long as he thinks everyone else is commited to a fundamentally flawed materialistic ontology, he clearly needs help.

Yet, none of the naysayers took me up on it. I wouldn't expect them to.

Sure I'll bite. If the offer stands, I'll take it.

Everything you've said so far has sounded entirely unsubstantiated (and insultingly arrogant, frankly) to me, but if there's something to back it up in your books, I'd like to know.

I can't promise I'll read it all tomorrow, but I'll go through it slowly with a critical lens and an open mind. If I think you're onto something by the end of it, I'll buy a few copies.

Unfortunately, all of this is complete BS. Grow up, dude. Stop fooling yourself. Your rationalizations are on the level of philosophically ambitious high school girls.

Well, when you put that way... LOL.

Have you thought about submitting this presentation to Scientific American? You really should. Your insights are far too profound to have them languish on a virtual instrument forum that only a handful of people will ever read.

Well, all I'll say is that the moment I tuned to 432hz MY ENTIRE LIFE IMPROVED AND THUS THE WORLD!
Take that for what its worth.

Sure I'll bite. If the offer stands, I'll take it.

Everything you've said so far has sounded entirely unsubstantiated (and insultingly arrogant, frankly) to me, but if there's something to back it up in your books, I'd like to know.

I can't promise I'll read it all tomorrow, but I'll go through it slowly with a critical lens and an open mind. If I think you're onto something by the end of it, I'll buy a few copies.

Good luck bud! I fear however that it will be a voyage of frustration and despair. People like this have spent years building the architecture of their delusions. There will be no fault-lines in the internal logic of their narrative, however shaky the misconceptions upon which they are built. Best to quietly back away and leave them to it.

Good luck bud! I fear however that it will be a voyage of frustration and despair. People like this have spent years building the architecture of their delusions. There will be no fault-lines in the internal logic of their narrative, however shaky the misconceptions upon which they are built. Best to quietly back away and leave them to it.

I'm not signing up to be his editor. He keeps referencing profundity the likes of which we've never seen, so I'd like to see it. I think that's fair.

The worldview I have now has fought through a protective membrane of scathing and vitriol to get there. I'll give his the chance to do the same, if he wants.

Well, when you put that way... LOL.

Have you thought about submitting this presentation to Scientific American
I might ask you the same thing.

You are clearly proud of your philosophical semi-professionalism, but what does it all amount to, really? The more meaningful thoughts of yours are neither new nor particularly original, and have been discussed in academic philosophy for at least the last sixty years. You are fighting ghost wind-mills from the past.

Outside of academic philosophical discourse, non of it bears any significance. Each and every time has to deal with it’s specific set of problems, and the problems we are currently facing will not be solved by fallaciously ascribing abstract metaphysical positions to the people that are trying to advance our knowledge of reality with the best means that we have developed so far.

You are clearly proud of your philosophical semi-professionalism, but what does it all amount to, really? The more meaningful thoughts of yours are neither new nor particularly original, and have been discussed in academic philosophy for at least the last sixty years. You are fighting ghost wind-mills from the past.

Outside of academic philosophical discourse, non of it bears any significance. Each and every time has to deal with it’s specific set of problems, and the problems we are currently facing will not be solved by fallaciously ascribing abstract metaphysical positions to the people that are trying to advance our knowledge of reality with the best means that we have developed so far.

I'm done talking about it here. But certainly nothing discussed here has been new or original, so you are right about that, though it is much, much older than 60 years... As for your other assertions, I will only repeat that I am done talking about it here, and suggest that you look up the absurd implications of philosophical physicalism for yourself if you are interested in doing so.

Yeah, we've all got a matched bunch of holes in our hearing at twelfth-root-of-two intervals.... let's abuse some different follicles for a while! Old hip-hop is nice, back before they figured out how to change tempo without changing pitch.

But if you are going to look for a culprit for musical artificiality, I suggest abandoning 12-tone equal temperament, with its irrational intervals.... May I suggest the pedal steel guitar?

Not only that, but farts at 432Hz are way more cleansing than 440Hz ones.
I can never get that high pitched. What is your diet ?

No, seriously. I feel the flame war is dying out here, so I'll pour some more oil onto it :

Does the 432Hz magic work at 44.1KHz, or does it require at least 192KHz ? How many bits does it require for us to feel the difference ?

Have you ever noticed that 432(Hz) is exactly 9 times 48(kHz) ?
And that while 9 is almost exactly 8, 432(Hz) + 8(bits) is exactly 440(bertz)???
Whooooaaaaaah!!!

(not taking sides, just having fun - i don't care either way because I'm not retuning all my instruments - well ok i'm slightly biased, but honestly my main issue is I won't bother tuning all my synths differently, in any case - well, OK, maybe i'll pitch the whole master down by 2% if I ever make a new age album - oh wait, i see an undersupplied market here)

Last edited:

Is the logically incoherent and empirically-specious irony in your posts/responses intentional (e.g., tongue in cheek), or is this simply another case of unexamined hypocrisy?

No, I don't believe in the power of 432. But I microwave everything in multiples of 21, because it is half of 42, and it makes microwaving things more interesting. I'm thinking of expanding to multiples of 3 and 7. I don't plan on doing such math with any of my instruments. I bet 432 sounds better with single coils, and I think it sounds better on longer scale lengths. But so does downtuning a half or even quarter step. Too bad I don't have any 24.75" scale length guitars anymore, I might feel inclined to tune them up to F...

I also believe in (and truly do feel) the power of the mammalian anus as a wind instrument. The sphincter is technically a reed-like structure, yeah? And the human gut is a huge resonant sound chamber, yeah? 6-8.5 meters a google search tells me, and the stomach alone is 1 litre, so if you can voluntarily work those valves, you could probably get some pretty deep resonance...

Is the logically incoherent and empirically-specious irony in your posts/responses intentional (e.g., tongue in cheek), or is this simply another case of unexamined hypocrisy?
If you’d care to explain what ‘logically incoherent irony’ and/or ‘empirically-specious irony’ could possibly be?
(I do like that you felt compelled to write this as your second-message-ever in these very forums: A warm welcome to you, dear!)

Someone wanted me to join his group a year or two ago, who tunes at 432 Hz, and it was such a maddening experience that I turned down follow-on calls, which I rarely do. I got too confused about what key I was in, and my entire lifetime of perfect pitch memory got thrown out the window. Perhaps if we were all on the same page it would just be a "nothing".

I'm not a big fan of change for change's sake, or unnecessarily upsetting the apple cart. If I want additional sonorities, I go Middle East. Indian as well, but a recently made classical musician friend from there, set me straight about the notion of quarter tones and 21-note or 23-note scales.

It's too time-consuming to go into on a sleep-deprived brain, but a simplified summary is that the scale itself may have just seven notes, but there are variants. Never at the same time, or consecutively. Make sense? It still sort of fills the need for different tuning references, but not in the same way.

Top Bottom