What's new

DIY Studio Desk

sinkd

I can recommend grabbing some carton (that you have lying around) and make a table mockup based on the design you want to go with. Then adjust to taste until you think that all is comfortable (that's the way I adjusted the heights of my metal frame - I got the frame first, adjusted with some cardboard to know where the piano will be and where the top desk surface will be, and made sure both were comfortable to sit, stretch legs, easy to reach etc).

Then measure twice cut once ;)
This is a good idea. My desk is really only comfortable for me to work at ;)

Nick Batzdorf

I can recommend grabbing some carton (that you have lying around) and make a table mockup based on the design you want to go with. Then adjust to taste until you think that all is comfortable (that's the way I adjusted the heights of my metal frame - I got the frame first, adjusted with some cardboard to know where the piano will be and where the top desk surface will be, and made sure both were comfortable to sit, stretch legs, easy to reach etc).

Then measure twice cut once ;)
I suggest that you start (and I'm pretty confident you'll also end :) ) with the white keys the same height as a piano - 28-1/2" to 29-1/2" above the ground. Then lower the underside of the sliding desktop as close to the top of your MIDI keyboard as possible, leaving about 5/8" of clearance.

Top Bottom